via The Truth About Guns blog ,it seems there's a new loophole that has the brady bunches knickers in a twist:

Legal experts say there is a glaring loophole: There's often no way to tell when a magazine was made.

No law requires gunmakers to put a serial number or any kind of identifying mark on a clip unless it was made during the now-expired federal assault weapons ban, which ran from 1994 to 2004.

"All somebody would have to do is show an old receipt. You couldn't know for sure," said Paul Helmke of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

I recall something a few years ago that the brady bunch wanted to push legislation in California that would require new magazines to be serialized, and purchases would have to have them registered.

But here in NJ, aren't pre NJAWB magazines still illegal?

Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my! I love how the anti-gunners keep trying to ban things without knowing what they are or how they work. The media's just as bad, incessantly referring to magazines as "clips." It's almost as laughable as this:

(By the way, that's Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy, who is currently pushing for a new federal 10-round magazine ban) :facepalm:

Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my! I love how the anti-gunners keep trying to ban things without knowing what they are or how they work. The media's just as bad, incessantly referring to magazines as "clips." It's almost as laughable as this:

(By the way, that's Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy, who is currently pushing for a new federal 10-round magazine ban) :facepalm:

lol at the end of the video.

reporter: [-_-] no... it's not

I love it ! That video never gets old...

Representative McCarthy is just another example of one of the ironies of human nature. People who feel the most passionately about something are often the worst advocates.

I feel bad that Ms. McCarthy lost her husband to Colin Ferguson's gun rampage, and I feel worse that she has misdirected her efforts to limiting the rights of law abiding gun owners because there will be some innocent person out there that dies because he/she is unable to defend themselves due to her and her cohorts. It is easy to see how her personal tragedy has warped this woman's perceptions, perhaps understandably so. As a Congressman, she is not particularly effective or noteworthy except as an anti-gun advocate (the "go to" person for the New York Times on gun control). You do not hear of her in any other legislative regard. And as the video shows, she is so convinced of the righteousness of her cause that she doesn't see fit to research and deflect the arguments of those who oppose her. If I were an advocate for or against something, and it was a major part of my job and something that I wanted to be known for, I would take the time to learn as much of the minutiae I could. Barrel shroud indeed! I bet Bill Clinton could've come up with some reason why they are deadly and only the police and military should ever lay their hands on one. :)

When will Long Islanders see that sympathy is not a sufficient job qualification for electing someone to public office? Hopefully soon.

• Like 1

The majority of those folks on long island are sheep..... ( I should now I lived there for a VERY VERY long six months ) They will never see the truth because the truth is frightening ....

I just had a to do with my in-laws (queens transplants to Suffolk CO in the 70's )and brother in law and his wife (grew up there) the past weekend, as it pertains to the LI AWB Gun shops.

They are clueless....

The arguement went something like." we need to keep the guns away from folks that can hurt themselves or others......blah blah blah..who needs a machine gun...."

I then indicated to my FIL who has smoked for 39 plus years that maybe we should ban cigarettes all together...well in order to save himself from the evil tobacco it s the right thing to do...he didn't like that arguement and got up.....I then talked about DUI....alcohol...all the stuff....they didn't like the answers...

They have NO IDEA what they are talking about other than what the VIEW, Regis and Kelly or Oprah tell them..... ( I ask myself how my normal wife came from this stock . I still don't get it...) It was a joy to tell him that his black powder replica revolver collection could land him in jail.... he didn't like that either.told me I was lying...

We talked facts about gun crime...CCW....England and Australia bans....you even look the stats up and their answer is that they are lies made up by the republicans....WTF??!?!?!?!?

YET, when my father in law was having issue with a neighbors son a year or so ago (30something wack job) he asked how to get a gun to keep in the house...I told him to go to his local Suffolk CO PD

substation and ask for a personal patrol or a permit application. I don't think he liked that answer as he didn't talk to me for the rest of the weekend. I brought that up again and guess what...didnt talk to me......Whatever.... At least it was quite and we got outta dodge early because of the snow and got back to normal civilization...

The point is the majority of folks on LI and * NJ * for that matter are part of the nanny state and will never be off the nipple of the government and like to be fed

the rosy ' truth '......blinders are such a nice thing I guess....

They have Mc Carthy, we have Lautenmummy. Like you said they are all sheep.

Saying a barrel shroud makes a gun more dangerous, is like saying a spoiler makes a car more dangerous. Complete morons.

If I were an advocate for or against something, and it was a major part of my job and something that I wanted to be known for, I would take the time to learn as much of the minutiae I could.

This is one of the BASICS that EVERYONE should know. How someone can strongly support something, yet not have the slightest clue what it is, is beyond my level of comprehension. Maybe we should introduce quizzes for politics, and a politician must pass the quiz related to the law before voting.

Saying a barrel shroud makes a gun more dangerous, is like saying a spoiler makes a car more dangerous. Complete morons.

No, but it makes it look waaaaaaay cooler in both instances!

I'm going to tiptoe onto my soapbox and get serious for just a second.

When politicians like McCarthy succeed in banning things without demonstrating any knowledge about them they do so thanks to the backing of voters who also possess zero knowledge and are easily duped by whatever the TV tells them. Fear-mongering has been the trump card of power-hungry politicians for centuries. We fear what's unfamiliar to us and the more people who are unfamiliar with firearms, the more easily the issue can be exploited to gain power. I heard a woman say in a press conference that .50 caliber rifles can fire heat-seeking ammunition. Outrageously, anti-gun politicians aren't held accountable for these false claims because most voters don't know any better. That's why there's nothing more important in preserving our rights than introducing friends and family to firearms and imparting on them a sense of their importance in a free society. Fight ignorance one new shooter at a time. :icon_e_wink:

• Like 3

It's funny, when your around the gun culture all this crap just makes no sense, your right man, we need to educate the people ourselves. I have been so doing myself. Since the aqusition of my ID and guns i have gotten 2 people to get there's and have influenced many to look into it, many more would have guns too if they had the money to invest. I'm not about just telling people to get them, most already want them, just dont know how to do it, what the laws are, ect. I inform and they dis-conform to stupid america.

This is one of the BASICS that EVERYONE should know. How someone can strongly support something, yet not have the slightest clue what it is, is beyond my level of comprehension. Maybe we should introduce quizzes for politics, and a politician must pass the quiz related to the law before voting.

That's a great idea, except someone needs to write the quiz. And you can bet money any politician required to take a test will be in cahoots with the writer. That's the definition of politics, after all...

I'm going to tiptoe onto my soapbox and get serious for just a second.

When politicians like McCarthy succeed in banning things without demonstrating any knowledge about them they do so thanks to the backing of voters who also possess zero knowledge and are easily duped by whatever the TV tells them. Fear-mongering has been the trump card of power-hungry politicians for centuries. We fear what's unfamiliar to us and the more people who are unfamiliar with firearms, the more easily the issue can be exploited to gain power. I heard a woman say in a press conference that .50 caliber rifles can fire heat-seeking ammunition. Outrageously, anti-gun politicians aren't held accountable for these false claims because most voters don't know any better. That's why there's nothing more important in preserving our rights than introducing friends and family to firearms and imparting on them a sense of their importance in a free society. Fight ignorance one new shooter at a time. :icon_e_wink:

100% agree with you. In fact a goal for every one of us should to take every one of our friends to the range at least twice in an attempt to get them at least interested in shooting if not become shooters themselves. On top of that maybe inviting some people that you are just acquaintance with to go shooting. The more people that we can get interested in shooting the less we will have to worry about stupid laws like this.