Sign in to follow this  
NjGunner732

Walther G22, any thoughts?

I held one the other day and they felt pretty good in my hands, the only big thing I'm worried about is picking up a gun that is a total POS. Have any members here ever had or shot one? if so what problems did it have (ie: feeding problems etc.), also want to know if it can accept bulk ammo without any problems.

Thanks ahead of time -Justin

Gun was great. Shot fine, was reliable. the only thing about it... It is a pain in the butt to take apart to clean. If you are breaking down the action, put it in a ziploc bag as springs may start flying.

Sold mine a few months later.

If you can pick it up for a good price, do it.

Dont know about prices now. It is not that bad to reassemble it, but I clean guns after every time I take them out, so it got to be a process.

It was not rocket science, however it was not as simple as pushing a pin on an AR receiver, gun opens up, take out the bolt carrier group and clean.

I would much rather, if I was doing it over, spend a few more bucks and get the Smith M&P 15-22.

The G22, is a novelty gun. I would not spend more than $300 on it now, and would much rather it started with a $2. The plus side is, if you have a P22, it takes the same magazines.

Dont know about prices now. It is not that bad to reassemble it, but I clean guns after every time I take them out, so it got to be a process.

It was not rocket science, however it was not as simple as pushing a pin on an AR receiver, gun opens up, take out the bolt carrier group and clean.

I would much rather, if I was doing it over, spend a few more bucks and get the Smith M&P 15-22.

The G22, is a novelty gun. I would not spend more than $300 on it now, and would much rather it started with a $2. The plus side is, if you have a P22, it takes the same magazines.

I actually have the M&P 15-22 and Im the same exact way with cleaning my guns. I was just contemplating a future purchase and I think if I happen to see it starting with a $2 I will buy it. I totally understand its all novelty, just like guns that cost pennies to shoot!

Thanks

Thanks the input! If any one else owns one feel free to throw in your .02¢

The one JonF tried is mine. ;)

I still have it, and I agree with what's been said above. It's a tack driver, it's fun to shoot, but the trigger is odd, and breaking it down to clean it is more annoying that it should be.

I fed mine CCI Mini-Mags and would get a jam every other magazine. After I switched to American Eagle it ran without issue. Mine came with a 3-9x scope and a laser.

IMG_0525.jpg

-Jim

have you fixed that trigger yet, jimmy? There's gotta be something out there that smoothes it over a bit, no?

No, I haven't messed with it yet. The bend in the trigger bar is the culprit, but I don't want to cheap out and just fold up some cardboard to fix it. I was thinking about taking a block of delrin and dremeling it to fit between the barrel and the trigger bar to keep it from flexing.