mcbethr

Voorhees FID Process - in person interview?

A friend of mine finally decided to apply for her FID so she could get her own .22 target pistol instead of coming with me.

She went to the Voorhees police station today and asked for her paperwork, but they told her to come back between 8:00 and 4:00 on Monday for an interview and to set up an appointment for fingerprinting.

I've never heard of an in-person interview before. Is this common? How is Voorhees when it comes to getting back permits on time?

Is this an "interview" ala NYC, or simply an appointment to sit down and complete the paperwork? My town does this, instead of just picking up and dropping off paperwork as most people screw it up anyway. During the appointment, the detective fills out the referral letters and mails them in front of you. Very efficient. This is how I got FID in 30 days, and Pistol Permits in a week and a half.

I actually just spoke with her minutes ago. She's a native Russian Speaker (but a US Citizen), so I think that she may have messed up some words when she called me the first time. And I was at work. The people here know I shoot skeet, but work really isn't the time or the place for some subjects, you know?

Here is the story: It seems like the person who normally does permits wasn't at the police station. But my friend is off work Monday, so it's not that big of a deal. I think this "Interview" might be more like Maksim says than a "What do you need a gun for?"

So I'll keep everybody posted. But if anybody had success before with Voorhees, please let me know.

Is this an "interview" ala NYC, or simply an appointment to sit down and complete the paperwork? My town does this, instead of just picking up and dropping off paperwork as most people screw it up anyway. During the appointment, the detective fills out the referral letters and mails them in front of you. Very efficient. This is how I got FID in 30 days, and Pistol Permits in a week and a half.