Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Any gunshops in PA just over DWG on 80?

Dunk's usually have a nice selection of new & used firearms. However, be aware that they are one of the gun stores that caved-in to Bloomberg's heinous demands based on his illegal "sting" operation. As such, all firearms transactions are recorded and forwarded to Bloomberg's minions. :angry:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

There are a couple of shops in Brodheadsville, just a few miles down 209 from 80.

One is American Sports Shooting ( or similar) on the southbound side of 209 in the center of town. Weaver's is a couple of blocks south of that, make a right at the light.

There are a couple of shops in Brodheadsville, just a few miles down 209 from 90.

One is American Sports Shooting ( or similar) on the southbound side of 209 in the center of town. Weaver's is a couple of blocks south of that, make a right at the light.

Richie Flynn at American Sport Shooters is a great guy and it's a terrific store - you will enjoy going there. Weavers....well.......Phil is a nutjob from Brooklyn who will tell you how everybody is out to get him and what a POS other gunshop owners in the area are - especially Richie. I don't recommend Weavers, but it DOES have to be experienced to be believed. At least he has two nice dogs. Enjoy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob<---PA gunshop guru

Dunk's usually have a nice selection of new & used firearms. However, be aware that they are one of the gun stores that caved-in to Bloomberg's heinous demands based on his illegal "sting" operation. As such, all firearms transactions are recorded and forwarded to Bloomberg's minions. :angry:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

So a transfer there gets reported to NYC? Sigh. I can't support any business that does this. Oh well.

Richie Flynn at American Sport Shooters is a great guy and it's a terrific store - you will enjoy going there. Weavers....well.......Phil is a nutjob from Brooklyn who will tell you how everybody is out to get him and what a POS other gunshop owners in the area are - especially Richie. I don't recommend Weavers, but it DOES have to be experienced to be believed. At least he has two nice dogs. Enjoy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob<---PA gunshop guru

Yeah, the 2 shops are very different.

I'm from Brooklyn, and Phil is pretty amusing, but maybe not everyone's cup of tea.

So a transfer there gets reported to NYC? Sigh. I can't support any business that does this. Oh well.

It's been more than 3 years?

---------

September 23, 2006

NEW YORK — Gun dealers in three states — including Dunkelberger's Sports Outfitters in Stroudsburg — have agreed to have their sales monitored to settle a civil lawsuit accusing them of recklessly selling firearms later used to commit crimes in New York.

The three shops in Pennsylvania, Virginia and Georgia were among 15 sued by New York City last spring after they sold pistols to undercover investigators posing as "straw purchasers" — people who buy guns on behalf of someone prohibited from owning them.

Each store denied wrongdoing, but five have now settled.

Under the deal announced Friday, a monitor selected by the city will review sales activities at the shops for at least three years. Sales clerks may be videotaped or subjected to spot checks by undercover inspectors. Dealers whose sales violate federal or local laws may have to pay fines ranging from $1,000 to $20,000

I'd point out the "at least three years" part of the agreement, plus the spot checks. Hard to support a store that caves to pressure that resulted from an illegal operation. I understand that the stores were between a rock and a hard place, and they had to do what they thought was right - well so do I, and I vote with my wallet.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'd point out the "at least three years" part of the agreement, plus the spot checks. Hard to support a store that caves to pressure that resulted from an illegal operation. I understand that the stores were between a rock and a hard place, and they had to do what they thought was right - well so do I, and I vote with my wallet.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

1) Bloomberg had no right - his "authorities" conducted an illegal sting operation as they were NY city or state employees, not ATF, they had no jurisdiction in PA. If the PA AG had any balls at all, they should have charged Bloomberg's "authorities" with illegal purchases.

2) WTF would cave to Bloomberg - f him and his righteous attitude. Everybody should not have guns - except him and his ilk. :thsmiley_deadhorse:

MARK-- PM ME YOUR # ASAP. I will hook you up with a couple of honey holes. This my area.

Eric, thanks for the offer, I'm home now. I stopped at American Sport Shooters. Nice clean place. Very friendly guys. A little high on the ammo but no biggie. I need some .45 for tomorrow.

Dunks is the devil. Bloomberg's people in the NYCPD will be watching video tape of you - I'm not kidding.

American Sport Shooting is great. They won't cuddle with you, but it's a great shop and they will do anything you need and tell it like it is. If you need something, ask, they won't chase you.