Genewarper111

Sig 229 take down lever....

grant,

what pin are you talking about? the take down lever is easily removed and put back in.

I believe (although I hope I'm wrong) the "Pin" he's referring to is the actual bolt that secures the locking block. I think the flat portion of the take-down lever that you put your finger on to rotate it, broke off. Seems like one would need quite a bit of pressure to do this, as well as a metal deformity.

the take-down lever I'm referring to - and I apologise if I've used the wrong terminology - is the bar that goes across the frame and needs to be rotated through 90 degrees to free the slide, allowing it to be removed.

It is indeed the flat portion that one actually pushes on to rotate the pin, that has come off, leaving the pin in the frame. I noticed this when I sat down to clean the gun. It's a recognised issue, apparently and the real question is whether anyone can fix this or does it have to take a trip to sig...

thanks

G

... the lever came off (lost) leaving the pin in place. How easy is it to get the old pin rotated in order to break down the pistol and replace the lever?

Jeeesh, Grant, you have no luck. IIRC Didn't you have a problem with a new P226 also? Also something breaking, yes? I don't want to start a debate, but were both these MIM parts?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Jeeesh, Grant, you have no luck. IIRC Didn't you have a problem with a new P226 also? Also something breaking, yes? I don't want to start a debate, but were both these MIM parts?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

yes - the extractor claw broke on my 226 after SEVEN rounds..... to be fair the 229 isn't new, but nonetheless....

oh yes - what is MIM, please?

G

It looks exactly like this:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1185042

any ideas???

G

Grab the nub with a pair of vice grips and turn it. It doesn't take a lot of force to turn it.

Once the slide is off continue turning in the same direction while pushing on the opposite side of the "Pin".

The take down lever will come out and then just replace it with a new one.

Top Gun Supply has the part for $20 less than that link.

It's not the same part. Topgun has the weaker version generic to most P series Sigs. This one initially came on the P220 Super Match and is the same one used on the X series.