Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

Philly Armory Gun Show - 4/30 & 5/1

Just a heads-up for those that want to make the trek. This show is almost back to where it was before they discontinued it during the armory renovation. For you reloaders there is a good vendor with all type of reloading supplies (at least he did the last one - assume he'll be there this time too). Top Hat does this show also.

I have one friend going with me, but my car has a back seat too (I'll even take the dog blanket out).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

OK, let's start at the top...

This isn't written in stone, yet, still waiting to hear from my buddy, but the last time we went it was on Saturday about mid-morning. Left my house about 10 AM and arrived about 10:20 - 10:25.

Yes, I'm assuming it's T&T reloading. My bet would be that he chooses Philly - I think he did really well there last show - but that's just a guess.

The armory on the Boulevard in the NE - about a mile south of the Neshaminy Mall. On the east side of the road.

They have a little bit of everything at this show - it's one I really enjoy.

How big is this show? I'm thinking about checking it out, but it's probably over 2 hours each way for me. Hate to make the drive and find only a few vendors.

Well, it's no Valley Forge, but it manages to fill the armory. If it were me, I don't know that I'd drive two hours to get there, but then I'm not trapped deep in the interior of NJ with a thirst to see how free people live :icon_mrgreen:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

OK, let's start at the top...

Yes, I'm assuming it's T&T reloading. My bet would be that he chooses Philly - I think he did really well there last show - but that's just a guess.

Not that I have any idea what he will end up doing, but Middletown was beyond packed last time and I wanted to ask him some questions but he had about 5 people waiting for him every time I went over to his tables. Philly would be closer for him though. A real conundrum. :dontknow:

Bob, where is this show located at? I did a google search, and came up with this:

http://newsite.appalachianpromotions.com/Default.aspx?tabid=59

That show looked to be what you are talking about, and is in Carlisle. I work on Rt.1, and if this show is only 25-30 minutes away like you speak of....I could easily meet you there after I get out. Details, and I'm sure we can work something out.

Edit: Can't believe I did that. I saw the address on the left, which shows Carlisle. The address up top shows Philly. I can probably get there at ~2 at the latest, I'm sure that you will be done by then. Send me an email/PM if you think you will still be there.

It isn't a huge show by any means. It is basically held in the Armory's Gymnasium. I went last time and there were some empty tables, that being said it is a growing show and you are gonna see alot of the Nazi items and cooking knives and other Non Gun Items. The parking can definitely be a problem as you can only park in the front lot and not the motor pool. As far as I know you can park outside on the road as there is a decent shoulder, I saw about twenty cars and pickups out there before.

So this in Philadelphia on Saturday? I have never been to a gun show, is it like a flea market setup for guns? Any rules, or can you just show up and walk around?

There is an admission charge of $7 - but there is a $1 off coupon you can print out (link below).

This show is rebuilding and is almost back to where it was. The shows were discontinued while the armory underwent renovations. It was supposed to take a couple months, ended up taking a year and a half, during which time a lot of the vendors went elsewhere. I believe this is the third or fourth show since they started back up again and it has been getting better each time. I like it because it is a decent show and it's close (to me).

Here's the link:

http://newsite.appal...nprintmode=true

Adios,

Pizza Bob

TNT Reloading will NOT be at the Philly show. He is good about putting his schedule on the website, and he indicates that he will be at the Middletown, NY show (look for the red text on the left side, under the buttons).

TNT Reloading home page

:boast: