henrym

NJ.com- In Wake of police Layoffs Crime Soars

Please don't get me wrong. Just because the trauma center was in Camden, the shooting victims were not any particular race that I recall. As a matter of fact I recall an incident where a couple of police officers were shot by a caucasion male.

We tended to attibute it to a lower threshold in regards to temper. Although socioeconomic status and a having access to air conditioning is an intersting thought.

If anyone has read Freaknomics there are alot of unusual cause and effect stories which would not seem to have correlations but actually do.

We also noted that 70 degress was the "critical motorcycle temperature". When the mercury hit seventy we would undoubtedly have at least two or more motorcyle trauma calls.

When the mercury hit ninety, GSW's would start coming in the door.

If anyone has read Freaknomics there are alot of unusual cause and effect stories which would not seem to have correlations but actually do.

Great read, The documentary is also on netflix. I think one of the most overlooked things that they discussed was Roe vs Wade and the Crime rate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Impact_of_Legalized_Abortion_on_Crime It makes total sense. I believed they made a comparison with Romania or something from where they were forced to have children to raise the birth rate.

• Like 1