Duppie

Inexpensive but reliable .22 pistol for the range.

My recommendation is a Ruger MkIII. Well actually it is a Ruger MkII but those are getting harder to find even used. The good news is that a used Ruger MkII should be around $200 and unless it was used as boat anchor A LOT it will probably still work. Yes, Rugers are hard to clean, but they work even when extremely dirty so it isn't that big of an issue.

The Buckmark is also a good option, and much easier to clean.

The Mosquito my wife bought for herself because it was pink has been a dog. At some point I had enough and took it apart, removed all flashing from casting in the gun and magazines, polished all contact surfaces, and ran 1000 rounds through it in one day to make sure it is well broken in. Now it finally works, but I'm for from the only person who has seen problems with them. In theory, the new plastic mags are better then the older metal ones and a lot of the problems where mag induced.

The Sig is definitely out of the running. Although I love my P250.

Just put a deposit down on a used, but beautiful S&W 686 with a 6" barrel for the wife. Well, for both of us. She will start-off with .38 Special. I want it for shooting .357 Magnum. I'll see if she likes that round. She didn't want a .22 or 9mm, she wanted a wheelgun! Her permits should be in this week, maybe next, and then we'll pickup the gun.

nono, thats when you reload :icon_mrgreen:

Work with me here. The 686 is first, then to save money the 22 joins the family, now that you want to shoot both reloading can then come into the picture. :icon_lol:

Hey I have only been doing this for 20 year with my OL, and she knows me and while I married her for her looks, I don't always like the looks I get, but hey, I know the most important rules.

#1, it easier to beg for forgiveness

#2, Say after me, your right, I'm wrong.

Remember if mommas not happy, nobody's happy.

Harry

Work with me here. The 686 is first, then to save money the 22 joins the family, now that you want to shoot both reloading can then come into the picture. :icon_lol:

Hey I have only been doing this for 20 year with my OL, and she knows me and while I married her for her looks, I don't always like the looks I get, but hey, I know the most important rules.

#1, it easier to beg for forgiveness

#2, Say after me, your right, I'm wrong.

Remember if mommas not happy, nobody's happy.

Harry

Bear with me... This is wife #2 and I live by a mantra that "In marriage you can be right or you can be happy,I must be very happy because according to my wife I haven't been right yet" so as much as the S&W is beckoning me, it will have to wait until such time a happier me can somehow purchase it and convince my beautiful bride that it was her idea.

Bear with me... This is wife #2 and I live by a mantra that "In marriage you can be right or you can be happy,I must be very happy because according to my wife I haven't been right yet" so as much as the S&W is beckoning me, it will have to wait until such time a happier me can somehow purchase it and convince my beautiful bride that it was her idea.

Fully understand, I'm on wife #1 and plan to keep it #1 only so I do what I have to to keep her happy.

Harry

Just put a deposit down on a used, but beautiful S&W 686 with a 6" barrel for the wife. Well, for both of us. She will start-off with .38 Special. I want it for shooting .357 Magnum. I'll see if she likes that round. She didn't want a .22 or 9mm, she wanted a wheelgun! Her permits should be in this week, maybe next, and then we'll pickup the gun.

Nice, Where can I look for good used guns? other than this forum of course.

Fully understand, I'm on wife #1 and plan to keep it #1 only so I do what I have to to keep her happy.

Harry

Smart.... the alternative can prove to be rather expensive.