Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

30 round mag

What's the exact law. Can't have on gun, can own, can't use in nj. Let's say I shoot out of state (which I sometimes do) can I use em then and just not at ranges in the state. They sell em at shows and at gun stores 5 mins out of state.

It is a felony to possess a magazine that is capable of holding more than 15 rounds and fits into a semi auto within the boundaries of NJ.

That about sums it up. If you can find a 15+ round magazine that doesn't fit into ANY semi-auto, then you're good to go.

What's the exact law. Can't have on gun, can own, can't use in nj. Let's say I shoot out of state (which I sometimes do) can I use em then and just not at ranges in the state. They sell em at shows and at gun stores 5 mins out of state.

As long as you don't bring them back to the PRNJ, you're good to use them elsewhere.

Of course, you won't spontaneously combust or be pulled over instantly and arrested if you were to bring them back to NJ. How does the old saying go? It's only illegal if you get caught... :roulette:

Gotcha. I Belong to a private club with a range in the middle of nowhere south jersey and some old guy who didn't want to mind his own business was crying that we were pulling the trigger so fast it's sounded like full auto. Then whined about what size mag was in the gun. Funny part is when he came up I had a 9mm beretta storm CX-4 out. Had a 15 round mag. He didn't notice the m4 sitting 10 feet away. 1st and only time anyone has ever said a word at this place. I went in looked in the rule books and talked to a few other members they had no rules against shooting anything.

It is a felony to possess a magazine that is capable of holding more than 15 rounds and fits into a semi auto within the boundaries of NJ.

Are there felonies in NJ? I didn't think there were.

He didn't notice the m4 sitting 10 feet away.

What do you mean by M4?

• Like 1

The Technical term is "Indictable Offense" but grading-wise it is the equivalent of what other states use as "Felony", it also matches the Federal Definition of "Felony" it's easier just to use ther term Felony in regular conversation as if you say "indictable Offense" people just look at you blankly.

What do you mean by M4?

+1 on semantics LOL

There are no felonies, just crimes of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th degree in NJ and since the offense refered to was a NJ only thing one would use NJ terms

And of course we all know the M4 thing

+1 on semantics LOL

There are no felonies, just crimes of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th degree in NJ and since the offense refered to was a NJ only thing one would use NJ terms

And of course we all know the M4 thing

You gave me positive rep for that? You should have neg repped me ;)

I'm tired right now but I remembered that from a friend of mine that is still waiting to get out of his silly NJ prohibition. A nation-wide prohibition for pushing somebody really hard that ran at him trying to carry out an attack. In NJ. Don't ask me to explain, I won't. If it sounds fishy to you, just disregard. Regardless, beware. There's a lot of misunderstandings that could happen in NJ and result in you never being allowed to touch a firearm or ammunition anywhere in The United States ever again, Amen.

The Technical term is "Indictable Offense" but grading-wise it is the equivalent of what other states use as "Felony", it also matches the Federal Definition of "Felony" it's easier just to use ther term Felony in regular conversation as if you say "indictable Offense" people just look at you blankly.

I didn't realize that NJ doesn't use the term "Felony". Either way you could end up in prison for 365 days or longer.

So what is a person who is convicted of an "Indictable Offense" in NJ called? a Convicted Felon? a Convicted Indictable Offensee? Just curious.

So what is a person who is convicted of an "Indictable Offense" in NJ called? a Convicted Felon? a Convicted Indictable Offensee? Just curious.

Just an old school "Convict".