FearThisInc

Average price for S&W M&P15ORC and what accessories??

Ok.. So after getting all the facts straight and looking back over the options I am thinking of going with the Smith and Wesson M&P15ORC which is in the 5.56 caliber.. From what I have read and been told the rifle is NJ compliant right out of the box so no modifications will need to be made by the dealer.. I see the price listed on S&W is 1069.. I called 1 local dealer so far and was quoted 909.. Just curious if any of you guys know of places with better prices or maybe a price that I could offer the dealer on the gun. I plan on purchasing another rifle while I am there which is the Mossberg "Just in Case" series shotgun.. That is a more of fun gun if you want to word it like that.. Plus for just 329 its not bad... I figured maybe I could get a package type deal if purchasing both but wanted to see what other guys have paid to get a starting point..

Second.. I am wondering what are some cheap scopes to get for the M&P15.. I don't need anything outrageous and just want to get something to throw on there so that there is something up there to sight with.. i like the 2 pictured below.. but do i just buy the scope or do i need to purchase mounting equipment?? thanks for any input..

post-3296-0-56701100-1304993979_thumb.jpg

post-3296-0-14239900-1304993993_thumb.jpg

I have seen stores have them for $650 on sale, so keep your eyes out. I don't know if these rifles are compliant right out of the box, there might be some issues depending on what stock it comes with. If it comes with the standard M4 style stock, then that needs to be permanently fixed before you take possession of it.

I have seen stores have them for $650 on sale, so keep your eyes out. I don't know if these rifles are compliant right out of the box, there might be some issues depending on what stock it comes with. If it comes with the standard M4 style stock, then that needs to be permanently fixed before you take possession of it.

the ORCs are compliant, they come with the stock pinned.

Ok.. So after getting all the facts straight and looking back over the options I am thinking of going with the Smith and Wesson M&P15ORC which is in the 5.56 caliber.. From what I have read and been told the rifle is NJ compliant right out of the box so no modifications will need to be made by the dealer.. I see the price listed on S&W is 1069.. I called 1 local dealer so far and was quoted 909.. Just curious if any of you guys know of places with better prices or maybe a price that I could offer the dealer on the gun. I plan on purchasing another rifle while I am there which is the Mossberg "Just in Case" series shotgun.. That is a more of fun gun if you want to word it like that.. Plus for just 329 its not bad... I figured maybe I could get a package type deal if purchasing both but wanted to see what other guys have paid to get a starting point..

Second.. I am wondering what are some cheap scopes to get for the M&P15.. I don't need anything outrageous and just want to get something to throw on there so that there is something up there to sight with.. i like the 2 pictured below.. but do i just buy the scope or do i need to purchase mounting equipment?? thanks for any input..

;) Those are pictures of my M&P. The first sight is a C-More Railway, which is still on there. Great sight, a new one should set you back anywhere between $200-250. Lots of counterfeits out there on ebay, so you're probably better off buying from a reputable shop.

The second sight is a Konus SightPro MR, which wasn't particularly good. The rail mount was built in, and the tactical turrents made sighting in a snap, but the dot just wasn't bright enough for me.

As for my M&P, I have the C-More still installed, along with a set of YHM QDS back up iron sights, a Daniel Defense Omega rail, and a Magpul MIAD grip. I picked mine up from TJ Sporting Arms. Can't go wrong.