Gun Guy in NJ

New SA M1A

It is a Loaded MA9222 Carbon Steel Barrel. My wife has already called dibbs on this one so my next one is a Scout Squad once I get the money. I got a steal at Action shooting supply in Haledon. Special deal just for me, $1400 cash out the door.

Story of how I wound up with it. It was my 4th time in the store with my wife and I was paying for some pistols he got for me. I had seen it hanging there and asked how much. He said that he was just going to list it online but world hold it for me for $1400 cash. My wife was not in a good mood that day but without asking her I said yes. Now I had just paid $1200 for our pistols. When we got back into the truck I expected to get into trouble. She turns to me and says I am really glad you bought that rifle. I kept looking at it and I loved the wood stock on it.

it has a flash hider on it! thats illegal!

Not true. All M1A models are Jersey legal. Remember that you need two evil features to make it illegal. Since there is not a pistol grip (or bayonet lug, adjustable stock) the flash hider is the one allowed evil feature. My Scout Squad has a comp on it. Don't know about the other models though. If you turned an M1A with a flash hider into the Enhanced Battle Rifle style M14 (i.e. w/pistol grip) then a flash hider would need to be replaced by a comp.

Not true. All M1A models are Jersey legal. Remember that you need two evil features to make it illegal. Since there is not a pistol grip (or bayonet lug, adjustable stock) the flash hider is the one allowed evil feature. My Scout Squad has a comp on it. Don't know about the other models though. If you turned an M1A with a flash hider into the Enhanced Battle Rifle style M14 (i.e. w/pistol grip) then a flash hider would need to be replaced by a comp.

Pssst I think he was being sarcastic :p

It's been standard for almost ever. The problem with the wood top handguard is when these guns were used originally in full-auto, the wood topguard would actually catch on fire. This is when they moved to the metal and or plastic top handguards.

If you come across a wood one, chances are it'll have burn marks on the inside of the handguard.

:icon_mrgreen:

The only thing I don't like is that faux-wood plastic cover on the top... is that a new addition? Or was that how the rifle was always made? (Back when it was the M-14)

First walnut, then slotted fiberglass (early 60's), then solid fiberglass. There are a few depicted on the M14forum that show the fiberglass painted black with a heat resistant paint. It does look better than the poopy brown. :rofl:

Oh ****. That thing is beautiful.

You guys are really making me jealous. After a long hiatous, well over a year and maybe two, I am planning to purchase a number of firearms in the comming weeks. I'll post them for enjoyment :) One of them won't be here for about 3 months but I'll have pictures sooner ;)

But M1A or SOCOM, I don't have the money for that now :( Very nice rifle.