bulpup

Migratory birds with a crossbow

How can they consider them migratory? We have the same damn geese around my house 356 days of the year.

I don't care, I'd like a lot less of them around, they contaminate ponds and small lakes, they leave tootsie rolls all over the place, they are just flying crapping machines. If they landed and moved on that would be fine, but they land and move in.

Harry

I agree completely, I am just commenting on the irony of calling them "migratory" when the little bastardos never leave!

I believe that F&W actually has a classification of non-migratory Canada Gesse, and that's why there's no ammo limit during the seasons when the migratory CG are not present.

We just need more coyotes and wolves, they'll take care of them.

How can they consider them migratory? We have the same damn geese around my house 356 days of the year.

September goose season is for resident geese. The temps are still mild and the birds from up north haven't started moving yet. That's why there's no shell limit and the bag limit is something ridiculous like 15 geese per day. As a species, all Canada geese are migratory. A lot of them just happen to live in NJ during the "off-season" and will only head south if all of the local bodies of water are frozen.

September goose season is for resident geese. That's why there's no shell limit and the bag limit is something ridiculous like 15 geese per day.

If I could only take them out in Sayreville, I'd it my bag limit in a few minutes with a few semi-auto shotguns loaded ready to go.

For any who have them in there area, I use the spray from Home Depot and Lowe's that keeps Deer and Rabbits away, seems to work on Geese also being my neighbors will get them sometimes but they stay away from my property.

Harry

• Like 1

The Atlantic Flyway Council still lists the Canadian Goose as migratory. Warmer temps have helped them linger longer in the land of manicured lawns, golf courses, athletic fields and parks. But I suspect folks won't be making much of a dent here in their population numbers with crossbows.

For any who have them in there area, I use the spray from Home Depot and Lowe's that keeps Deer and Rabbits away, seems to work on Geese also being my neighbors will get them sometimes but they stay away from my property.

Harry

Good to know Harry, thanks!

I have always been told that the marina ducks taste like mud from eating all the bread and crap people feed them, I would think the same would go for the stay-at-home geese? The stupid hunters would sit across the narrow section of the river and shoot at the ducks as they flew overhead, with all the bird shot falling on our boats. We would call the state police marine unit but they seldom showed up. After a while we would just blow our air horns when we saw ducks flying near. Eventually, the hunters would take the hint and find another spot.