junkmanted

gun show find today

Today at a small show I picked up a Russian non referb SKS for 200.00 + 25 for the back ground check .

The good,, it looks almost un fired, all matching numbers, Tula, and a nice russian marked sling .

I left the tag on and yes I talked him down to the 200.00 I tried for 175 but that was a no :)

The bad it needs a front site/bayonet lug and screw, and a cleaning rod, but I have a friend that has the site assembly but no screw ;)

I pulled the rubber butt pad off and the butt plat is in great shape .

I also picked up 660 rounds of mix 8mm in a wood crate for $60.00

I think a good day

100_1541.jpg

100_1542.jpg

100_1544.jpg

100_1546.jpg

100_1548.jpg

100_1549.jpg

OH! You found my SKS from when I was in the Red Army, thanks! I'll be taking that back now!

Just kidding, but that's a damn fine arm you got, and for such a price! The stock on it is beautiful, good job.

I met up with the guy that sold me the SKS ,, he found the factory box for it with oilier in a vinyl pouch and the ammo pouch!

the bad it cost me 35 bucks but it is the box to the gun numbers are matching on the box.

He did tell me the gun only has about 30 rounds through it.

Its a KBI import

100_1602.jpg

I would have told him to pound salt trying to sell me the box. Its worthless to everyone except you so if you refused to buy it he wouldnt be able to make a dime on it. I woulda told him $5 or GTFO.

....But its cool either way :)

I almost did !

But a true non referb Russian sks is hard to find so to have the package completed is a big plus.

From what I have read ,, if I remember it correct about 95 % of the Russians are referbs . but i will say im no expert I'm still reading up on them !