A19L

Transporting to house and weekend house

Going to weekend house still in nj from Manahawkin to Depford ..

- can I bring my hand gun and rifle To uncles house in Depford from Manahawkin ...so i can go to the range out there?

- is it legeal and is it ok To have them stored temporaraly at his house until I go back to Manahawkin ?

Thank you so much.

Rifle yes if you have a FID, hangun generally no (need to transport under exemptions only)

2C:39-5.

b.Handguns. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any handgun, including any antique handgun, without first having obtained a permit to carry the same as provided in N.J.S.2C:58-4, is guilty of a crime of the third degree if the handgun is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person. Otherwise it is a crime of the second degree.

c.Rifles and shotguns. (1) Any person who knowingly has in his possession any rifle or shotgun without having first obtained a firearms purchaser identification card in accordance with the provisions of N.J.S.2C:58-3, is guilty of a crime of the third degree.

Exemption for transporting a handgun to the range:

(b)Directly to or from any target range, or other authorized place for the purpose of practice, match, target, trap or skeet shooting exhibitions, provided in all cases that during the course of the travel all firearms are carried in the manner specified in subsection g. of this section and the person has complied with all the provisions and requirements of Title 23 of the Revised Statutes and any amendments thereto and all rules and regulations promulgated thereunder

If you belong to a gun club that meets the requirments, the "directly" statement is removed, and thus you technically could stretch that you are taking the HG to your uncle's house for target shooting the next day, as that would constitute "indirectly". Its in the "gray" like most of NJ's gun laws, and you do whatever you feel comfortable with.

(1)A member of any rifle or pistol club organized in accordance with the rules prescribed by the National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice, in going to or from a place of target practice, carrying such firearms as are necessary for said target practice, provided that the club has filed a copy of its charter with the superintendent and annually submits a list of its members to the superintendent and provided further that the firearms are carried in the manner specified in subsection g. of this section;

But I have a permit for my gun I'm just going out there to sleep for a sat and Sunday cuz of work but there locked up in a safe At his house... So that afterwork I I can stop at his house pick my fun up and vo to the range

But I have a permit for my gun I'm just going out there to sleep for a sat and Sunday cuz of work but there locked up in a safe At his house... So that afterwork I I can stop at his house pick my fun up and vo to the range

You have a carry permit? No, I doubt it.

You used a permit to purchase a pistol. It's not an ownership permit.

Here's how the law works in NJ.

If you have a handgun anywhere in NJ without a Carry permit, it is an indictable offense.(felony)

Run that through your head for a minute and realize what it means. Anywhere, everywhere. But there's more...

The law carves out several exemptions to the above: Your home, the range, a gunsmith, hunting and a business that you own. The law also exempts _direct_ travel to and from the above locations.

Anything else is not legal.

No one likes it, it's just the way it is. It's not reasonable, it's not fair and it it's not subject to excuses.

If you have a handgun anywhere in NJ without a Carry permit, it is an indictable offense.(felony)

Um.. going from a PA household to NJ to shoot with firearm in trunk per Title 18 is not illegal however..

The law carves out several exemptions to the above: Your home, the range, a gunsmith, hunting and a business that you own. The law also exempts direct travel to and from the above locations.

So yes you are correct.. he cannot legally/technically bring a gun to his uncles house in NJ.. then go shoot the next day..

Best bet is go straight to the range and go back home.. :codemafia:

Also GAS STOPS with firearms in your trunk in NJ is a no-no also.. :thsmiley_deadhorse:

Um.. going from a PA household to NJ to shoot with firearm in trunk per Title 18 is not illegal however..

Going to a range in NJ is exempted. I stated this.

Title 18 meaning FOPA? Well, FOPA may be an affirmative defense. It's still illegal in NJ if you're not traveling under an exemption. They can arrest you and put you in the pokey until a judge has time to review it.

Also GAS STOPS with firearms in your trunk in NJ is a no-no also.. :thsmiley_deadhorse:

How do you reach that conclusion? I think most people would think that stopping for gas is a reasonable stop. Stopping for a quick bite to eat at McDonald's would be a reasonable stop to most people in my opinion.

based on what I read on the internet of course..

and you propose a NJ cop having a BAD DAY would make your day be just fine..

refer to above post/er about spending time in the pokey while judge sorts it out..

Haha yeah I love jersey but they really need o stop punishing innocent AMERICANS ... And first off I thought we the people make the laws.. When did they think it was best for us to make a application process and then give us rules to live by... So wrong... People need to be educated on guns... My fiancée mom looks at them like if they were going to get up and walk and work on there own ... So rediculous

Make an Emergency Tin Foil Hat

• 1 Grab a couple of pieces of aluminum foil. The ones in the trash that were used to cover leftover casseroles or wrap fresh fish will do just fine.
  • 2 Place one piece of aluminum foil on your head from front to back.
  • 3 Mash the foil down to conform to the shape of your head and fit as snugly as possible.
  • 4 Take the second piece of aluminum foil and place across the top of the head from ear to ear.
  • 5 Mash the second piece of foil down over the first piece making a quick tin foil hat that probably won't hold up for long but will do in a pinch.
  • 6 Stand the two pieces of foil up and fold over at each end to make a cone shaped hat. This hat design will take a little more time, but is worth the extra effort.
  • 7 Place the tin cone on the head and mash it all together above the head to seal out dangerous rays and deflect mind control waves outward.

~