Shot a couple of Airsoft guns for the first time ever this past weekend and discovered...

...they're freaking awesome!

I grew up playing paintball and always had some disdain/prejudice against Airsoft. Basically, I thought the plastic crap they sell at Dick's was representative of all Airsoft guns. I was totally wrong! Shot a Thompson M1A1 that was an exact replica of the real thing, right down to the weight. Made me wish Airsoft existed when I was a kid!

Nice, I'm an airsofter too. If you ever want to go to a game or whatever, let me know. I'd recommend joining up on the NJ airsoftleague forum, if you want to learn more or whatever.

It's funny, airsoft was started in Japan for gun enthusiasts who are not allowed to own guns.

Kind of like NJ!

That's why there's a pretty large airsoft community. I mean, I got into airsoft because I liked guns, but come from a fairly Anti-family. (Not so much truly anti, just "Not around us")

Anyone can recommend a good airsoft sniper rifle. Money is no object. But I don't care the look. Just need to be accurate.

A VSR 10 clone. They take the best upgrades, are fairly accurate out of the box, are easy to upgrade and are pretty cheap. Or you can go with the Mk96 which is an L96 clone. If you want gas go with the ARES l96 or Tokyo Marui l96. But they aren't that easy or cheap to upgrade.

Anyone can recommend a good airsoft sniper rifle. Money is no object. But I don't care the look. Just need to be accurate.

http://www.njairsoftleague.com/

But I traded an airsoft p229 GBB for a JG Bar-10, it's pretty nice, and can take anything the VSR-10 can, as it's a clone. And it's pretty much 100% identical, I think the sling mounts and stuff are different, but the internals are identical. But look on there, since there will be more information. My buddy has a REALLY good one, I can ask him about it.

Thx m & k. I'll take look at these. I take a look at car-10 and jb bar 10. I already got two scopes I can use. I am going to stay with spring, because I don't see a reason to get gas for a sniper.

i Agree, when i was looking into getting a sniper rifle, the bolt action springs looked to be the best options. Easy and cheap to buy and easy and cheap to upgrade.

Thx m & k. I'll take look at these. I take a look at car-10 and jb bar 10. I already got two scopes I can use. I am going to stay with spring, because I don't see a reason to get gas for a sniper.

Yeah, for games though, AEGs are really the way to go, they can be a pain in the a** sometimes, but if you spend a little more for a TM, CA (though parts are hard to comeby...), KWA, or G&G you should be good. Do you airsoft or anything? If you want to play a game sometime, let me know, and I'll let you know where/when.

Thx Kaiser. I would love to go to a game if I had time. As of now, I just what to do some target practics when I have 5 minutes between other things

No problem, just join up at the NJairsoftleague. There's significant cross-pollination between firearms enthusiests, and airsofters, though airsofters try not to talk about "real steel" on their boards, since they don't like the misconception that airsoft guns are considered firearms. It's been a little slow on there lately, but you can learn quite a bit and stuff, plus that's how to get out to games. Just get good eye protection, maybe even a paintball mask. I wear a replica M35 stahlhelm, goggles, and a face mask, since I had a tooth shot out.