DevsAdvocate

AK Questions....

1. Where do people get the best deals on non-corrosive AK ammo?

2. Where is a good place to get authentic AK slings... what do they look like?

3. Does anyone have a good resource that provides information on removing the wood stock + handguards and on how to stain and refinish them? The ones on the WASR-10 are quite rough to say the least.

#1: AIMsurplus. Dont shy from corrosive, the yugo stuff is cheaper, better shooting, and you get 2 cents per round back in scrap brass.

#2: Centerfire systems has some original slings IIRC, along with probably a million other places

#3: google

• Like 2

1. I'm partial to Cheaper Than Dirt. But I agree with Glenn. Buy a 99 cent spray bottle at home depot and fill it with water, have a can of wd40 in your range supplies. After shooting corrosive, break rifle down, super saturate parts in contact with the gases with water, then follow up with wd40 to get rid of the water. Oil it when you get home.

2. Cheaper Than Dirt, Sportman's Guide, Tickbite Supply to name a few. My opinion, the issue AK sling sucks. You're better off putting an aftermarket sling on there especially if you actually plan to use the sling while shooting.

3. You should be able to see all the screws you need to remove to take the wood off the rifle. Other than google, you could also hit up youtube.

I don't have tons of experience shooting corrosive, so I won't chime in on that. As for ammo, I've been using Ulyanovsk FMJ from cheaper than dirt and haven't had a single issue with it. If you buy by the box, it comes to .25 per round. If you get the 640 round spam can, it drops to .20 per round.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM6407-1.html

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM6408-1.html