Skip from Usana and Pittsgove twp tried to have a meeting the other night concerning the range , heres the link http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2011/06/meeting_between_pittsgrove_tow.html

Can we get some background on this? The article (and the OP) are quite lacking.

For example: why are town members disgruntled?

What happened on Tuesday was a good show of American patriotism. I showed up at the town hall a little after 5:00 to find about 30 people in the parking lot all wearing shirts bearing the American flag. Skip had his trailer which was decorated in flags parked next to his rv which had Lee Greenwood playing "Proud to be an American" through the speakers. Skip was handing out free t shirts and had people signing petitions. At about 5:45 he made an announcement for everyone to start lining up at the door, by 6:30 there was about 225 people in line very patiently waiting and filling the sidewalk and the parking lot as the rain was coming down. At approx 6:45 maybe a little earlier people from the opposition began showing up and standing on the complete other side of the building. Now at 7:15 the doors are supposed to open to let us in, but this didnt happen. around 7:20 the mayor opened the door and called Skip in and our lawyers in to talk to the oppositions lawyers. The mayor was shaking (literally) she had never seen anything like this before. They all talked for about 5 mins. During this time members from the opposition started trickling over to our side. Did they go to the back of the line NO, they came up at the front where I was and started making ignorant comments. Skip comes out the door and heads over to a small brick wall, climbs up on it and makes an announcement that we will be entering soon. As he's doing this the door opens and we start going in. People from the opposition start trying to push us out of the way so they could but in line. Me and one other guy blocked a few of them but a few got past us. We get into the room and sit down and someone the board of directors starts talking , saying some big words and our lawyer replies with some big words (if I could remember them or knew what they meant I would tell ya) but basically they said there going to postpone the meeting and reschedule at the high school. When Harborsite was running the show they had these ridiculous plans on digging a 30 acre lake 175' deep, putting in a helipad and a hotel and a 911 call center and god knows what else. the residents are still under the impression that this stuff is going to happen and thats what there mostly concerned with. One guys bitching about police shooting there, WHY, who knows. Police have been shooting there since the early 1970's. There are a few more concerns, but USANA is exempt from a lot of the regulations in place now because they were there before these regs. I could keep going but my fingers are tired now. If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them if I can. And yes one guy did holler out "communist". Funny, yes disrespectful, maybe.

What happened on Tuesday was a good show of American patriotism. I showed up at the town hall a little after 5:00 to find about 30 people in the parking lot all wearing shirts bearing the American flag. Skip had his trailer which was decorated in flags parked next to his rv which had Lee Greenwood playing "Proud to be an American" through the speakers. Skip was handing out free t shirts and had people signing petitions. At about 5:45 he made an announcement for everyone to start lining up at the door, by 6:30 there was about 225 people in line very patiently waiting and filling the sidewalk and the parking lot as the rain was coming down. At approx 6:45 maybe a little earlier people from the opposition began showing up and standing on the complete other side of the building. Now at 7:15 the doors are supposed to open to let us in, but this didnt happen. around 7:20 the mayor opened the door and called Skip in and our lawyers in to talk to the oppositions lawyers. The mayor was shaking (literally) she had never seen anything like this before. They all talked for about 5 mins. During this time members from the opposition started trickling over to our side. Did they go to the back of the line NO, they came up at the front where I was and started making ignorant comments. Skip comes out the door and heads over to a small brick wall, climbs up on it and makes an announcement that we will be entering soon. As he's doing this the door opens and we start going in. People from the opposition start trying to push us out of the way so they could but in line. Me and one other guy blocked a few of them but a few got past us. We get into the room and sit down and someone the board of directors starts talking , saying some big words and our lawyer replies with some big words (if I could remember them or knew what they meant I would tell ya) but basically they said there going to postpone the meeting and reschedule at the high school. When Harborsite was running the show they had these ridiculous plans on digging a 30 acre lake 175' deep, putting in a helipad and a hotel and a 911 call center and god knows what else. the residents are still under the impression that this stuff is going to happen and thats what there mostly concerned with. One guys bitching about police shooting there, WHY, who knows. Police have been shooting there since the early 1970's. There are a few more concerns, but USANA is exempt from a lot of the regulations in place now because they were there before these regs. I could keep going but my fingers are tired now. If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them if I can. And yes one guy did holler out "communist". Funny, yes disrespectful, maybe.

Do you realize you had almost as much of a showing and certainly more of a riot than we had several weeks ago at the annual Second Ammendment demonstration AND lobying effort in Harrisburg, PA? AND THAT INCLUDED THE ENTIRE COMMONWEALTH!!!

Damn. I'm very impressed by this. You guys kicked serious a**!!!!!!!!!!

From a year ago, in Harrisburg, PA, from a guy who's been in and on the record for three decades:

"Last year we had about 2000 people, and the place was so packed we shut down the capitol. So we moved it outside so more people could come and not be turned away. Did you see what happened? Did you see the proper legislation passed and the shitty legislation that didn't even pass committee? If we come here with 15,000 people, we can go in there and those sons a bitches will give us anything we want!"

That's not even close to a word-by-word quote, but that's what he said. And he knows how it goes.

Now we got people in NJ doing far better on a local level than PA did this year when the entire Commonwealth was mobilized. Damn good for you guys. Damn good work.

If you people stand up, in numbers, you WILL prevail.

Damn good job.

It's 718 Centerton Road, Pittsgrove, NJ - You may need to use either Elmer or Centerton as the city for older GPS devices. It's easy to find. I graduated from Schalick back in the day, and was a member at USANA way back when Skip originally ran it, ditched it after the HarborSite baffoons took over, but am now back! Please advise on the forum of the date for it at Schalick. FYI - the "opposition" it mainly bandwagoners since USANA doesn't have may neighbors!

I was there till 11:00 pm. Looked like it was kind of going in our favor. USANA lawyers really grilled the zoning officer, made him look dumb. Skip put on quite a show when he went up for questioning, I wish I would have videotaped it. I'm gonna say it probably went till 1:00 am. The auditorium held 300 people and we pretty much filled it. As soon as I hear any news I'll update everyone.

I was there till 11:00 pm. Looked like it was kind of going in our favor. USANA lawyers really grilled the zoning officer, made him look dumb. Skip put on quite a show when he went up for questioning, I wish I would have videotaped it. I'm gonna say it probably went till 1:00 am. The auditorium held 300 people and we pretty much filled it. As soon as I hear any news I'll update everyone.

Concur with gimmemym1's assessment. I left about 11:15pm because I had to be up a 3am and it's a 40 minute ride home. One thing Skip isn't really overcoming is the stigma attached to the decision to sell in the first place. Many, many of the old USANA life members are VERY bitter about being sold out, and many are still residents of the Township and putting up opposition. I'm anxious to hear how it turned out as well, but won't be able to get a download from my buddy who stayed the duration until tomorrow as he's flying for business all day.

Anyone else who was there, please fill us in!