Kaiser7

BATFE Fast and Furious

Okay, now, I'm certain this has been brought up before, it is old news, but for anyone that hasn't heard about it, here you go.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=6927

http://yesbuthowever.com/armed-mexican-drug-cartels-5000895/

Now, someone may even have suggested that which I am curious about. I almost wonder why they would arm criminals, when their whole purpose is to get rid of illegal guns. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps their intent was to help provide data, and support for the Anti-folks. After all, it's not like the government just sold the weapons directly, like they have to various 3rd world countries. They made use of straw-purchasers, buying from legitimate businesses. Since most anti-folk portray gun shows, and gun shops as the number one source for the weapons used in crime, a successful operation in this could bolster the statistics that claim that gun shops are used to arm criminals. I believe if these weapons hadn't been used in the murder of a border agent, odds are, what I said might have been the purpose. Maybe I'm just acting like a conspiracy theorist, but it seems to me that things don't add up. If they were trying to track smugglers, I'm sure there's better ways to do it than what they did, especially since they didn't track the weapons.

Like I said, I'm probably wrong, but it kind of makes you think.

It's not over yet.

It certainly appears like it was a false flag operation to shut down gun sales in the US. There is no logical reason why they would let it go on and on unless they were intent on waiting for the guns to show up at crime scenes then using it as anti-gun hysteria propaganda.

• Like 1

It's not over yet.

It certainly appears like it was a false flag operation to shut down gun sales in the US. There is no logical reason why they would let it go on and on unless they were intent on waiting for the guns to show up at crime scenes then using it as anti-gun hysteria propaganda.

That's what I was thinking. I think once an investigation was launched, that's when they slapped the "We're tracking smugglers here!" It's worrying though that they all claim they don't know who authorized this plan. Someone HAS to know, or there is a serious problem, who follows an order for something like that without someone high up telling them to do so? Of course they KNOW who issued these orders, but they aren't saying, and I doubt we'll ever know the real answer.

It's not over yet.

That's exactly what I thought.

Just wait.

Anti Gunners will still come out on top.

They'll get Andrew Traver appointed as the new head of ATF.

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2010/11/who-is-andrew-traver.html

And this is something, WE DO NOT WANT.

It really seems like pro-second amendment groups hardly have any power. Granted, the anti-folks have an easier case for their propganda. I really feel like we're only a hair away from losing our rights.

WIth gov agencies, I would normally choose incompetence over malfeasance, but I have had no dealings with the ATF. IIRC, at least two years ago, there was nat'l news coverage of a Phoenix gun shop that was busted for straw purchases. I don't recall that there was any connection to Mex gangsters at that time. But it would not surprise me if a small puff of smoke (straw purchases that actually were done for Mexican gangs) was blown wayyy out of proportion by certain parties to advance an agenda. Certainly have seen a lot of that sorta stuff over the years.