Sign in to follow this  
silverking

Hand Gun Permit To Purchase Extension

Anyone have any experience with extending a Hand Gun Permit To Purchase beyond its' initial 90 days period. I know a permit can be extended for an additional 90 days. Anyone know the process and the time it will take to acccomplish this.

Just another wonderful problem we have to deal with in this fascist state as our weenie pols try to elimiante our constitutional rights through regulation.

Anyone have any experience with extending a Hand Gun Permit To Purchase beyond its' initial 90 days period. I know a permit can be extended for an additional 90 days. Anyone know the process and the time it will take to acccomplish this.

Just another wonderful problem we have to deal with in this fascist state as our weenie pols try to elimiante our constitutional rights through regulation.

Every PD will be different. Mine, the chief initials and dates the extension. If he's available when i stop in he does it right there and then, or i pick it up the next day. Some just stamp the permit and your off on your way.

I have done it in the past, took about a week. It must be done prior to it's original expiration date though. Also shouldn't cost anything additional.

Not true, i extended one that was a month expired. I just lost that month, and only had the 60days that were left.

It must be done prior to it's original expiration date though.

As jackdawack said this is incorrect. I had one that was expired by a week or two and it was renewed with me losing that week or two.

Every PD will be different.

This is the correct answer. I've had everything from "wait I'll take it back to the chief" to dropping it off and being called a week later.

It must be done prior to it's original expiration date though.

Depends ENTIRELY on your Police Department. Some want it in their hands a day or so before it expires, others will extend it after it expires. Call YOUR PD and ask, it's the only way to know what THEY will allow. To my knowledge there is no Attorney General Guideline on whether this has to be done before or after expiration.

Depends ENTIRELY on your Police Department. Some want it in their hands a day or so before it expires, others will extend it after it expires. Call YOUR PD and ask, it's the only way to know what THEY will allow. To my knowledge there is no Attorney General Guideline on whether this has to be done before or after expiration.

Takes me about 5 minutes. Show up at the permit office. Give it to the girl. She types in the new dates and gives it back to me. Police Chief has nothing to do with it.