vladtepes

Since I am doing so well with car help here.. one more request..

Baseball bat isn't a bad idea if you don't have access to a roller, but it's probably safer to use the roller if he has access to it. Also make sure you use heat to help prevent the paint from cracking. What kind of wheels are you going with?

Baseball bat isn't a bad idea if you don't have access to a roller, but it's probably safer to use the roller if he has access to it. Also make sure you use heat to help prevent the paint from cracking. What kind of wheels are you going with?

the welds that are on there now.. with 275 60 50 rubber... and then 165s in the front.. on skinnys

So are you just rolling the back?

yes sir.. I need like an inch.. MAX.. I need an inch now... but the tires coming today about about a half inch thinner.. which would be a 1/4 inch each side of the tire.. so if I can roll an inch or a little less.. I should just clear with no problems..

I've rolled plenty of fenders with just a heat gun and careful use of a hammer. Once the area is nice and warm (to prevent the paint from cracking) you can just place a towel or rag over the fender lip and tap it in a little at a time across the entire length until it sits flush. If you want a "specialty" tool but don't want to go whole hog with the roller, I suppose you could try this.

I've rolled plenty of fenders with just a heat gun and careful use of a hammer. Once the area is nice and warm (to prevent the paint from cracking) you can just place a towel or rag over the fender lip and tap it in a little at a time across the entire length until it sits flush. If you want a "specialty" tool but don't want to go whole hog with the roller, I suppose you could try this.

Correct. Idk about the hammer thing but make absolutely sure when rolling to either use a heat gun or a good blowdryer.

I don't get it. If he has access to an actual fender roller, why is everyone suggesting he use a baseball bat or a hammer? Why use an inferior tool?

You didn't click the link and read the article...

I ran this system for years, until I bought the Eastwood fender roller. But even with the roller, I bring out the bat. It can sometimes get to places the roller can't.

I don't get it. If he has access to an actual fender roller, why is everyone suggesting he use a baseball bat or a hammer? Why use an inferior tool?

Just wondering if you've ever personally used one of the fender rollers, they dont always work as good as you think they should. Hence the reason we are suggesting other methods, do you really think I would have used the bat method on my Chevelle if it didnt work?

The fender is going to give you a more consistent roll due to the ability to actually make adjustments on the length. IF you come across a spot that can't be reached with the roller, then break out the bat and GO SLOW. But suggesting he use a bat when he has access to a roller is foolish. It's like him asking about putting up molding in his house, and people start suggesting he use a protractor instead of a miter box.