Sign in to follow this  
nuffice

saiga 7.62x39 sight crooked

The safety lever spring I couldn't find a good diagram I found one earlier that said to use dental floss to pull it down so its easier to.get the pin in the middle of the ring.

ok first thing..

you are talking about the bolt hold open.. ? the part that sticks up above the trigger... yes.. that is a pain in the a**...

but there is something you have to be sure of first.. are you SURE you have a trigger that is cut down to use the bolt hold open? there are TWO models... a regular AK one.. and a Saiga one.. you will drive yourself nuts trying to install one on the other without modification... take your trigger.. and take the factory trigger and look at them.. compare the two sleeves that the axis pins go through.. are they the same? or is one longer? the new one might be a hair longer..

If you buy an AK sight tool, DO NOT BUY NCSTAR! They are cheap pieces of crap with shallow threading and do nothing to adjust the sight.

Ooops... I just picked up the cheapest thing I could find. Oh well, I'll make it work. Worst case scenario, you can use a C clamp and some pliers.