Smokin .50

Hinge Action Shotguns

Yes, I like S/S's & O/U's for most shotgunning disciplines. I have always entertained a S/S hammer gun. Always had a passion for the older Bernadelli hammer guns that came out in the early 60's after handling one at the skeet range one day. (At 5 3/4 lbs. it made for a delightful and nice handling 20 ga.) Someday I may get around to getting one. British double guns are still a bit out of my league, but they make some nice examples of a "hinge frame" gun.

But........

I like classic semi-auto's as well -

And I like classic pumps too -

Still prefer O/U's for the clays games and upland hunting -

And there is something special about older, classic American doubles like Parker S/S's -

I use an o/u for clays but upland hunting is 95% sxs .when its easy ground I use my english sxs 12 ga and 2 1/2 inch chambers 25 inch barrels bored skeet 1 and 2 double triggers and an english stock.It is everything I wanted in a bird gun longer barrels would have been better but then it would be the last gun Id have to buy, so I can still justify atleast one more

I'm getting more and more into the black powder so a muzzle loader shotty is on my list.

My 10 ga. SxS ML does Clays, Pheasants & I even shoot .715 roundball out of the right side which is Cylinder bore, LOL! Anytime you want to take a ride to shoot it, let me know!

Dave

I am a hand me down from my dad to be a Ithica SKB fan. I have 2 Model 500's (4 barrel set), 1 600 (3 barrel set) and 1 Model 700 . Yes they do bust the clays...just well enough to beat Ray Ray.

Is that a "Tacticool" SKB, LOL!

Good for YOU!

Dave

So Dave, you going to come-out tomorrow with it and bust some clays? I'll be over there as long as it isnt' raining.

Had to work yesterday doing a wedding. Sorry I missed the clays at OB!

See you this Friday if it rains?

Dave

If I ever get serious about the clays game, I'll be on the hunt for an older Beretta 682 E Super Sporting in the Greystone finish to start out with. The 29.5" bbl. model would be my all-around choice for anything "clays."

Dave...does your 10ga shoot brass shells or do you dump the stuff down the muzzle and cap it?

Joe,

It's a Pedersoli Muzzleloading Shotgun, so everything goes down the front! A real BLAST to shoot!

Dave

I just tried a friend's Berreta 20 ga. O/U and it was sweet! Hit 20 or 21 out of a box of 25. Shotgun fit me well!

Dave,

My 20 ga. O/U's are my favorite lightweight bird guns for hunting all day and are what I use most for skeet shooting while honing my skills. I find the stock dimensions on the Beretta's are better suited for me. My Citori Superlight has similar dimensions as well, but just a tad shorter in LOP. My scores are best with a shotgun that fits me best. - Kevin

I have a Browning Cynery, its my baby! Since the pic I have added a set of extended browning tubes with the fancy blingbling brass rims.

Browning makes a good gun, and have always made a good O/U. Their Superposed is legendary, their Citori is good, and the Cynergy is the next generation. I've seen a few Cynergy's on the clays course and folks who own them like them. It's a lot slimmer than a comparable gauge Superposed or Citori.

My Citori looks good from afar, but upon close inspection there are some grooves in the wood from pushing through alders and briars, a chip here and there of a broken checkering point, the toe of the buttplate chipped off somewhere in New Jersey grouse hunting (I had to file it smooth and round off the jagged edge.) And there are some nicks that I can tell you exactly where and WHEN they happened. (For example, the small nick at the top right wrist happened in a thick stand of alders one afternoon along the Mooseleuk Stream in Ashland, ME back in 2003 as I bumbled my way forward to the dog on point. That day my 17 mos. old Setter pointed his first pair of grouse, and I lucked out dropping the one that flushed first with a load of #9's. My Sam came home a finished bird dog at the end of that week.) Each nick and blemish gives the gun a bit of character and leaves a memory. Those marks coupled with the memories just don't seem to bother me. I've been shooting this gun for 16 years come next week and it's never missed a beat.

Yes! I used it to score a 93 at LVSC :)

You should give Cedar Creek a shot. I had a great time with my friends there. The owner is a real nice guy too. I went there as part of my bachelor party. It's about 30-40 minutes from Atlantic City (which is where I went afterwards).

http://www.cedarcreeksportingclays.com/