Sign in to follow this  
farfromahero

sig Pro series

Does anyone have any experience with these?

A family friend offered to sell me one of these. Specificaly the 2340 model. He had thought it was a 226,shows how much he shoots it/ how well his knowledge on brands is.

He is giving it to me for a steal at 350 with 2 magazines.

Any info from actual users/fan boys/haters is greatly appreciated

Good guns. Used by several European police agencies. A little large, but nice.

In light of the following thread, you may want to counter-offer...

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26403-just-made-my-first-gunbroker-purchase/page__pid__347480#entry347480

This was for a New In the Box (NIB) Sig Pro. I know it's a different model number but they are all essentially the same and I don't believe there was any price differential in their MSRP. There's a link to the auction, print it out and show it to your seller. If you can get it for the same money ($299) in a FTF deal, then you've done OK.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

It couldn't hurt. I emailed my FFL prior to bidding. But that was because i needed to verify that he would hold the gun while i waited for the permits to come through.

I used Ira over at Legend Firearms. Legend Firearms

He was great. I highly recommend him.

Good luck. I hope you find the gun your looking for.

I should add that you need to be very aware of the shipping cost and related FFL transfer fees. Sometimes, a good deal could be crap once you add it all up.

Ok, i'm done pretending that i know what i'm talking about...

Aha its all good man, you helped me a lot. A 300 dollar gun comes to close to 400 which still isn't bad for a nib sig 2022.

I found this on youtube last night.

It's a review of the SP2022 from a guy who got it from the same gunbroker dealer, supohunter @Woodbury outfitters.

My link

I've gotten one of my co-workers into shooting and she just picked up her 1st pistol... a SigPro 2022 (9mm). She had been looking at an HKP30, G19/G17 and a S&W M&P9.

There were no P30's available to play with at any of the local stores. She's so-so on the Glocks and found the M&P heavy and the grip so-so.

Meltzer's had the 2022. I had shot a SigPro .40 some years ago and was really surprised at how well it shot. I have a '96 Sig P226 and my buddy has just about every P22X Sig made as a comparison.

Basing my observations on my co-worker's Sig 2022, of all the Sig's I've shot, for whatever reason, the SigPro has about the best DA/SA I've felt, next to my buddy's well worn P229. Accuracy is as good as my P226, which is to say.... excellent!!! I personally find the grip ergo's a little weird (read... kind of an awkward fit), but that's me. There are, I believe, 3 different grip panels that are available for fit preference. Again, the pistol had a great trigger and was very accurate. I understand these pistols are very popular w/ Euro police dept's.