jose830

The one that sleeps close to me...show me the one that sleeps close to you...

I wouldn't. I would want to hear everything going on around me,. Worry about the sound from my bullets flying later!

Well, if you get around to turning them on and turn them up all the way they actually amplify sounds to louder than you would normally hear them except discharges, of course. Although the extra few seconds it would take you are very precious

I wouldn't. I would want to hear everything going on around me,. Worry about the sound from my bullets flying later!

They're electronic muffs - so, on the off chance I actually have the presence of mind (and time) to put them on, hopefully I remember to turn them on, which would enhance my hearing. I also have an extra light, knife, and other goodies near by. Doesn't mean I'm grabbing everything. I keep things around on the off chance they come in handy. Like I said... options.

They're electronic muffs - so, on the off chance I actually have the presence of mind (and time) to put them on, hopefully I remember to turn them on, which would enhance my hearing. I also have an extra light, knife, and other goodies near by. Doesn't mean I'm grabbing everything. I keep things around on the off chance they come in handy. Like I said... options.

I never really thought much about hearing protection until I was reading an article recently which pointed out that after a few shots in an enclosed room, one would likely lose hearing (temporarily, I would hope), making it more difficult to deal with further threats. So I have now added electronic ear protection to the things I keep beside my bed. As Caine notes, one can only hope to have the presence of mind in a situation to put them on and remember to turn them on.

In addition to my hearing protection, I have a Mossberg 500 Persuader and a Glock 23. I probably should have a flashlight as well, but I'm afraid that it would provide the BG's with a beacon at which to shoot.

I never really thought much about hearing protection until I was reading an article recently which pointed out that after a few shots in an enclosed room, one would likely lose hearing (temporarily, I would hope), making it more difficult to deal with further threats. So I have now added electronic ear protection to the things I keep beside my bed. As Caine notes, one can only hope to have the presence of mind in a situation to put them on and remember to turn them on.

In addition to my hearing protection, I have a Mossberg 500 Persuader and a Glock 23. I probably should have a flashlight as well, but I'm afraid that it would provide the BG's with a beacon at which to shoot.

Totally agree on the hearing protection. If you have time to put it on, it would be a wise thing.

No pic, but currently have a P226 9mm and Surefire 6P for the wife on her side of the bed, and a Gen3 G19 w/ Streamlight TLR-1 for me. Debating on switching out the G19 for the Gen4 G23 that I also have.

Mental note to self...... have to get a shotgun.