Sign in to follow this  
DevsAdvocate

Ruger 10/22 magazine suckage.

Hey all. I recently bought a Ruger 10/22 mag (new, in box) from Cabelas. Took it to the range today, and the stupid thing doesn't work. I loaded one .22lr into it, and then it crapped out as if the spring broke. To unload it, I had to tap it so each bullet so all the bullets ended up rotating out.

Has anyone had problems like this with their Ruger mags?

you talking about the stock ruger 10 rounders?

the spring tension may need to be adjusted, all you need is an allen key, i think the retaining nut thing needs to be turned 8 times then closed back up. there are plenty of youtube videos on this.

• Like 1

you talking about the stock ruger 10 rounders?

the spring tension may need to be adjusted, all you need is an allen key, i think the retaining nut thing needs to be turned 8 times then closed back up. there are plenty of youtube videos on this.

Ahhhh! Thank you. I though the allen nut was to disassemble the thing, not a spring tensioner.

The Allen nut is for both tension and disassembly. Rimfirecentral.com has a link to a disassembly, cleaning, retensioning and reassembly tutorial.

eta retensioning...

Also, you may need to clean up the flashing from the molded plastic. I dunno if that is in the tutirial anymore.