Col. Mortimer

USPSA Match at Shongum

The September match this Saturday, September 10th. Pistol match is 110 rounds. Registration is 9:30AM. Help with setting up and packing up is always needed and appreciated.

There will be a shotgun side stage after the pistol match is packed up for those who wish to stay. It will be time permitting. It is 14 rounds 7 ½ birdshot or smaller. We will provide the score sheet and take payment at the start of the side stage.

NOTES:

- If you plan to attend, reply to Ron Gumann at [email protected] and let him know by Thursday 8AM.

- If you are new and need the safety briefing, be there by 9AM and see Ron.

- If the match is cancelled for weather, Ron will send out an email notification around 5:00PM on Friday and it will be posted here.

We have been requested by our Area Director to participate in a fund raiser for the Wounded Warrior Project. Information is posted on the Area 8 website http://www.uspsa8.org/wounded-warrior-project. We will have a donation bucket at the registration table. If you wish to contribute, please do so and Ron will forward.

I am planning on attending this match as an observer (for now) given the weather is acceptable. Since I've never been to Shongum, is there anything I need to know about finding the right range? I have the directions to actually get to Shongum, but once I turn onto the property, is it fairly obvious where I need to go to find the match? Thanks.

I am planning on attending this match as an observer (for now) given the weather is acceptable.

The only problem I can see now and you will realize after you observe is you should have just put together what you would need to compete and JUST DO IT.

Harry

I would say compete. Shongum is a very very very beginner friendly match. Bring a gun, a holster, 4 mags and a few mag pouches.

If you do not have something, post here.

Shongum is not huge, up the driveway, find the club house.

I'm planning on attending this match. Looking for someone to ride along. If you are close to me (I'm about 2.5 miles north of where I-95 crosses the DE River between PA & NJ) , or south of me and want to go to this match, just PM me. I expect to leave my house at 8:30 AM Saturday. If you are new and need the safety check, I can accommodate you - we'll just leave half an hour earlier.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Do what Harry said, and shoot in it this time. I shot my first match there last month and had a great time, met a couple forum members and even carpooled with Pizza Bob. I wish I could go this month, but i'm on call for work. Next month i'll be there, Bob i'll drive. :icon_mrgreen:

I am planning on attending this match as an observer (for now) given the weather is acceptable. Since I've never been to Shongum, is there anything I need to know about finding the right range? I have the directions to actually get to Shongum, but once I turn onto the property, is it fairly obvious where I need to go to find the match? Thanks.

JIC: if you see a firehouse on your left, you just passed the entrance. If you see the firehouse on your right, the entrance is about 200 yards on your left. There is a brown sign with white posts at the entrance but it's easy to miss. Once you go up the driveway and past the barn, you will see the stages set up on your left and the clubhouse is in front of you.