edany

not sure where to look

But I am almost up on my OGAM wait. I will be looking for a second handgun. Definitely looking for another 9mm just to keep ammo cost low.. kinda.. I have around 300-350 including tax and NICS to spend so itll probably have to be used. If i can find something really nice then i may bump up the budget to 400 lol. Just not sure where to look for something 9mm in this price range. Also I am not very picky about what the next handgun should be. Something all metal and full size would be preferable not looking for anything sub compact as it will only be a range gun. If not though then a glock or XD would be okay. Any suggestions information etc would be greatly appreciated

My suggestion...save up some more money so you will have a broad range of pistols you can choose from. $350 and less is not much to work with...

I would suggest looking at CDNN. They have a lot of older semi auto S&W model's in 9mm that you can find for under $400 in good condition (3906, 910, etc).

I am sure Ray-Ray or Matt will give you a closer location...although they have both been down to these places because the selection and prices are excellent. Might even be worth a road trip? Now that the "summer" is over, the traffic on the GSP is back to normal.

humn, are you set on a 9mm?

I was at TJ Sporting Arms the other day and saw he had a used Taurus 1911 in 45, nickel finish, while not a $1500 semi custom 1911, it really is nice. I believe it was under $400.

The other one, if you can find a Taurus 1911 in 9mm, you may be closer to that mark.

Send Tony a message and see about it.

Otherwise, all metal, you are looking at CZ's (and derivatives), Browning High Powers, 1911's, Sigs, Beretta 92fs.

I am not a Beretta person so not up to date on pricing, however it is a terrific firearm.

Sigs will be out of the question until at least 550? (only exception being the Sig Polymer line of guns, SP2022, SP2009, etc, which are quite nice and now around $399 new.)

1911's will be really really really tough to find under $400.

Browning High Powers, at the very least mid $500's and up. The caveat being you can probably find a BHP Clone, such as Arcus, FM Argentine High Powers for that price range.

CZ's are really nice all metal guns, however with their increasing popularity, almost no way to get them under $400, unless slightly beat up.

However, you do have a number of great alternatives that can be had for mid $300's and up if you keep your eyes and ears open. XD's, Glocks, M&P's (or not yet?)

Also look at FHN firearms, they are american made now, and some good guns, however all polymer.

Older Smith & Wessons? Not familiar with them so someone will have to elaborate.

Taurus 24/7 series of guns. Can be had for under $400 new. Polymer frame. I dont know tooo much about them, however recall them having good ergos. Deal breaker for me is the mushy slushy trigger. In my opinion, pure junk.

Rugers I am not familiar with in order to say anything good or bad about, however my brief experience, on the semi auto side, not the revolver side, very gritty triggers.

I have an uncle that lives in somerset. Are those places close by there? I would not mind traveling an hour if i can get a good deal on something

TJ Sporting Arms, Exit 80 GSP +10/15 minutes

Shore Shot, Exit 89 GSP + 2 minutes

Somerset is Exit 127? Then 11 miles west

With a 400.00 budget all metal EAA Witness would be one of your only choices..

bump it up a little and a few other choices.. I like The all metal witness great gun..

taurus 1911 in 9mm barretta and so on..

I dont like plastic guns either..Kind of like owning a pleather couch.. :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1

I was thinking EAA as well. very good handguns.

+1, should of include it in the CZ clones section of my long thought out post. =P

Are EAA's still under $400 new?

most have interchangeable parts with CZ's, however that applies to the small frame guns only.

The large frame EAA guns and the CZ TS are not as similar.

EAA Witness (which are really Tanfoglios, google them), fantastic guns, great price, last little secret. http://www.eaacorp.com/

Its an EAA. :icon_twisted:

I second looking into the Ruger. I saw a Ruger P89 DC on Gunbroker. That could be a really nice gun in your budget range.

Although you are probably set on a 9mm, I would consider a 22LR and look at the SIG 1911-22. This gun is a lot of fun! Or, I would look at a used Ruger Mark III stainless Hunter. You may want to consider a Stoeger Cougar 9mm as well. A Taurus PT911 could work, or you might be able to find an FNH FNP9 (polymer) but with a hammer. Another thought would be to go .38/.357 and look into a Ruger GP100 or Speed/Single Six revolver, or a Taurus 66. A revolver would also be quite nice and fun to shoot if you could find one in this price range.