Tom-NJ2AS

stackon change combo

It's good to know that you can actually change it, which does makes sense... I mean someone set it to begin with, u could probably get a locksmith to change it for you, but then u need to worry about yet another person having your combo.

It's good to know that you can actually change it, which does makes sense... I mean someone set it to begin with, u could probably get a locksmith to change it for you, but then u need to worry about yet another person having your combo.

I would have video rolling if he came to my house to do this!

I dont think you can change the combo... i tore my combo page up and burnt it....my combo was easy to remember, and you can always mail in the form to get the code if u ever forget it.

Not sure what model you have, but it will take more then a hammer to open one unless you have the standard cabinet, ie not a live locking safe...

"1 2 3 4 5."

"1 2 3 4 5?"

"Yes!"

"That's amazing. I've got the same combination on my luggage."

• Like 2

i saw that one but mi safe does not have that change indicator line to the left

You try something like this? Open the access panel on the back of the combo lock and see what you got to start.

http://www.firefyter.com/pdf/Dial%20Combination%20Change.pdf

Parts look different. My neighbor just told me to give him the serial number and make and model and his buddy who is a locksmith will egt the instructions.

That;'s good that they will do that for you, but while your getting that info, you might want to try plugging that info into the news groups and see what pops up, it's amazing what the news groups will have when you looking for product specific help, and also post replies on how you made out or what you did to make it work, its all of us in the news groups and forums that make them what they are.

Harry

i did search for hours. Nothing that i could find. You would think at some point in time someone would have posted it.

No kidding, but just checking your google-foo, were you searching you Safe Model or were you searching the Lock Model. If it was both and you get directions and you change you combo yourself make sure you post it up on here and one of the forums so others who run into this can find out how to do it.

Harry

I'm in the lock business. Safes usually have three ways to change the combo. Key change, hand change and random change. Most cheaper safes are random change. You take off the back cover and move the screw to another hole and then dial the combo to figure out the new combo. The sucky part of these locks is that you cant pick your combo.

All good safe locks are Group II and are key change and have an access hole through the back of the body. Most times the inside cover of the safe will have a hole that allows access to the change tool hole.

Worst case send me a message and email me a picture and I'll tell you how to get it changed.

• Like 1

I'm in the lock business. Safes usually have three ways to change the combo. Key change, hand change and random change. Most cheaper safes are random change. You take off the back cover and move the screw to another hole and then dial the combo to figure out the new combo. The sucky part of these locks is that you cant pick your combo.

All good safe locks are Group II and are key change and have an access hole through the back of the body. Most times the inside cover of the safe will have a hole that allows access to the change tool hole.

Worst case send me a message and email me a picture and I'll tell you how to get it changed.

WTH Have you been for the past 3 day's... :sarcastichand: