Tom-NJ2AS

stackon change combo

Stackon? Very simple to change the combo. Put the $10 Craftsman clawhammer away and buy a $5 hammer at Harbor Freight. Your combination has been changed successfully, access granted.

BTW, I’m with ^that guy. You had way too much unneeded and compromising stuff in your wallet. SS cards for you and your wife (WTF would you need that for?), gun cabinet combo, and everything else except money. Were there naked pictures of your wife in there as well? On SD card for easy upload to the internet? That’s the only thing I can think of that would make this worse.

• Like 1

I dont think you can change the combo... i tore my combo page up and burnt it....my combo was easy to remember, and you can always mail in the form to get the code if u ever forget it.

Not sure what model you have, but it will take more then a hammer to open one unless you have the standard cabinet, ie not a live locking safe...

Stackon? Very simple to change the combo. Put the $10 Craftsman clawhammer away and buy a $5 hammer at Harbor Freight. Your combination has been changed successfully, access granted.

BTW, I’m with ^that guy. You had way too much unneeded and compromising stuff in your wallet. SS cards for you and your wife (WTF would you need that for?), gun cabinet combo, and everything else except money. Were there naked pictures of your wife in there as well? On SD card for easy upload to the internet? That’s the only thing I can think of that would make this worse.

And you're perfect? Never left your wallet in the car by accident? Never f-ed up in life? The guy just got kicked in the nutz and you come along and piss on him - not just laugh at him but piss on his oops.

Is your name Ricardo Cabeza by any chance?

-Hater.

• Like 2

And you're perfect? Never left your wallet in the car by accident? Never f-ed up in life? The guy just got kicked in the nutz and you come along and piss on him - not just laugh at him but piss on his oops.

-Hater.

A little phrase I like to use is "everything comes around full circle", he'll get his one day.

• Like 1

i will call them tomorrow. Someone set it originally, so it has to be able to be changed. i am sure someone could get into any safe if they had the time.

That is the case for EVERY SAFE! i dunno what the deal is with people... A safe is only good for snatch and grab robberies, Unless you plan on spending over 10k on a tamper proof safe, and it will depend on the skill of the robber and time he has.. If your gone for a week anyone can take there time cutting it open.

My dad had one of those state-of-the-art retarded expensive file safes, he re-set the combo on it and then couldn't open it, he had to hire a top professional safe cracker to get it open with out damaging it and it took him 3 days. He said he could have it open in a few hours if we weren't concerned with damaging it.

Anything of irreplaceable value should be put in a bank saftey deposit box.

-Hater.

Are you kidding me? I've screwed up quite a bit. And, I can say this - nothing bad ever happened to me that I didn't deserve. I have nobody to blame for anything, and only a few to thank. But I do have a number of people waiting for me to meet them in my grave for my screw-ups.

I was responding to a post immediately above mine that "somebody" deleted. I should have quoted it, but i didn't.

True.

BTW, I’m with ^that guy.

Context of my post is gone, because that guy's post (just before mine) is gone.

You had way too much unneeded and compromising stuff in your wallet. SS cards for you and your wife (WTF would you need that for?), gun cabinet combo, and everything else except money.

Can YOU explain to me why this is normal or useful in any way? BTW, keep in mind, I was responding in kind to a person that brought it up right before me. That person's post has been deleted/edited. But, I still can't figure it out..

Were there naked pictures of your wife in there as well? On SD card for easy upload to the internet? That’s the only thing I can think of that would make this worse.

If you don't like that, fine. It was in bad taste. I was responding to the post before mine (now deleted) and I think the point is clear. It might not be this guy's fault that his wallet is out of his control. But carrying every single identity document possible including SS cards and other things that you would never need to use and could only be used by a thief is not very good planning. Maybe I could have put it better. Like, "Get a legal guardian."

I'm not the one who brought it up. But, I happen to agree.

You had way too much unneeded and compromising stuff in your wallet. SS cards for you and your wife (WTF would you need that for?), gun cabinet combo, and everything else except money.

Can YOU explain to me why this is normal or useful in any way? BTW, keep in mind, I was responding in kind to a person that brought it up right before me. That person's post has been deleted/edited. But, I still can't figure it out..

As far as the SS cards - I believe he explained that before. I have had both SS card and Passport on my person at one time for various clearances and ID documents necessary issued by the same government that issued both of those documents as well. I too have been guilty of not returning them to my hiding place the very same day. I have inadvertently left my wallet in the car though this is a wakeup call.

Regarding the safe combo - no, can't explain that one. I memorized mine but I'm really good with remembering numbers especially phone numbers. Have you ever forgot a combo? I stood at the ski rack at Shawnee while I was in HS for close to 20 minutes one day trying to figure out what I knew that I knew - I might add that alcohol was NOT involved.

From the StackOn FAQ:

http://www.stack-on.com/pages/faqs#anchor1

Q: How do I order a new trouble key?

A: Complete the key or combination request form (pdf), which is available on this web site, and mail to Stack-On Products, Co. You can also call our Customer Service department at 1-800-323-9601 and request that a form be mailed, emailed or faxed to you for completion.

ETA: I should have read this thread more carefully. That link will only help if you lost the key or forgot the combination. I know on my Sentry safe, the lock came pre-progammed from the factory, and the instructions do not say anything about being able to change the combination. My guess is the StackOn is the same.

Hey, Tom-NJ2AS (djg0770 and all),

I'm going to have to take that back. It was a real a-hole thing to say. I'm not above being a jerk and having a passing thought of contempt or amusement over something I see from somebody that I’ve never met. It's a character flaw. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, except when I'm actually stupid enough to open my mouth. Especially in a place like this, which is a community of real, like-minded people trying to support each other.

Tom-NJ2As, I'm sorry about that. I wasn't trying to be hurtful, I was selfishly amusing myself, forgetting there's a real person on the other end of it. It was clearly over the top in this case. I apologize.

Good luck taking care of all that stuff. Sounds like a real pain.

• Like 4

I'm going to have to take that back. It was a real a-hole thing to say. I'm not above being a jerk and having a passing thought of contempt or amusement over something I see from somebody that I’ve never met. It's a character flaw. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, except when I'm actually stupid enough to open my mouth. Especially in a place like this, which is a community of real, like-minded people trying to support each other.

Tom-NJ2As, I'm sorry about that. I wasn't trying to be hurtful, I was selfishly amusing myself, forgetting there's a real person on the other end of it. It was clearly over the top in this case. I apologize.

Takes a big man to do what you did above. I take back what I thought about you, really. +1

this is a dial combo. 3 numbers, not digital. I have the plate off and can see the mechanism, so there has to be a way to change it.

I agree, they were set one, and there has to be a way to change them, is there a manufactures name or p/n# on the lock anyplace?

Also you might want to call around to a few local lock smiths and ask them, they might be able to tell you or change it for you, or at last resort replace the combo unit with a new one.

Harry

No worries, really. I know where you are coming from. I usually never keep any of that in my wallet, but had recently need to make copies for my son going to Colorado for treatment. I appreciate your post, i really do!

• Like 1

I agree, they were set one, and there has to be a way to change them, is there a manufactures name or p/n# on the lock anyplace?

Also you might want to call around to a few local lock smiths and ask them, they might be able to tell you or change it for you, or at last resort replace the combo unit with a new one.

Harry

I am going to call stack on this morning. I actually removed the slide and hid that in my house just out of paranoia. I just want it reset for my own peace of mind.

On a side note i will give DMV a props, in and out in 20 minutes for the new license. and that was with computer issues!

It's not just your wallet that one needs to protect. A friend of mine recently left his iPhone in a taxi. Never got it back. But he did not have a password on it. All his emails, personal info, photos, access to bank accounts, eBay, ... Was all on there in the many iPhone apps, and all with saved passwords and full access. It can always be worse!