mikeyboyeee

Don't get to play with one of these too often.

I've never fired one of those, although I've fired other rifles and MGs in the same cal.

It's amazing that they went from a few grand to 10K for no good reason. I'm priced out.

20 years ago the semi's were about $4k, if you shop around you can find them now for the bargain price of $8500.

20 years ago the semi's were about $4k, if you shop around you can find them now for the bargain price of $8500.

It's still too rich for my blood. I plan to pick up an Ultra Mag when the cash is on hand, but obviously it won't quite be the same. Nothing's the same as a Barret. Or a Browning :D (another story of skyrocketing prices right there)

I shot a Steyr HS .50 last year. It was so fun. I was able to shoot steel at 500 and 1K with it, easily. Suprisingly very little recoil, but the muzzle blast is like a .25 stick of dnamite going off 3' from you face. And watching the vapor trail through the scope as the round lasered in on the target was a beautiful sight.

even if you can afford the gun, can we all afford to shoot the ammo? I don't think I could. Maybe a range session of once or twice a year if that. Not sure I would keep itor even buy it if that was the case.

I know that I've mentioned my friend in Wyoming before, and this seems relevant to this thread. The last time I spoke with him, he was in the process of bulldozing a 1000+ yard range on his property. He says he needs one so he can play with his toys...

175nag.jpg

This is what it's like to live in a free state and have both $$$$$ and land. I told him he may have finally come up with incentive enough for me to come visit him.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was at my buddy's in SC over the weekend. This belong to his neighbor across the street. Impulse 10k buy. Has the computer on it and everything.

I did not get to shoot it as we had no where we could over weekend, but my buddy owns several hundred acres down there and they are building a 2 mile range with a HUGE berm just for this :)

When I go back down I am def shooting it. Thing weighed a TON even without the bolt.

Almost as sweet was my buddies new kimber ultra covert with LG. Thats my next gun, but soo damn $$$$ for me.

Believe me, the guys who were with all weekend have PLENTY of money to shoot that thing.

I was sitting on the driveway in a pretty swanky development down there. Nobody blinked and eye driving by.

My buddies wife was even like, aw come on, can't you find somewhere for him to shoot it before he goes home. That's a good woman!

I know that I've mentioned my friend in Wyoming before, and this seems relevant to this thread. The last time I spoke with him, he was in the process of bulldozing a 1000+ yard range on his property. He says he needs one so he can play with his toys...

This is what it's like to live in a free state and have both $$$$$ and land. I told him he may have finally come up with incentive enough for me to come visit him.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

"Finally?" I'll be his new friend, we are ditching you :)

;)