I'm not sure where to post this but this seemed like the right place.

I'm in a bit of a predicament. I recently sent my P226 out to Bill Springfield (www.triggerworks.net) for a spa day. The DA pull is nice and smooth with probably 85% less stacking and the SA breaks very cleanly. The only issue is that in order to make the trigger pulls lighter, he clipped a coil from the bottom of the Hammer Strut Spring. Since the DA pull doesn't bring the hammer back quite as far as in SA, I'm getting light strikes on nearly every one of my DA shots, some requiring 5 tries. I am signed up for the PA State IDPA Match this Saturday, and while sending out my gun for work right before a match may have been a poor decision, this is the boat I'm in. I'm using Tula small pistol primers which are quite hard to begin with. Is there a kind reloader out there who would let me buy 200 Federal Small Pistol Primers off of them? I'll drive to your place of reloading, and happily pay you $15.00 for your troubles. I'm in Basking Ridge and will happily drive up to an hour and a half to get my hands on some Federal Small Pistol Primers.

My other option would be to replace the Hammer Strut Spring. If anyone has a spare factory HSS for a Sig P226, I would also be more than willing to drive and pick it up and will pay whatever you think is reasonable.

I'm really in a pickle here, (that I put myself in, I know) and would be forever indebted to someone who could help me out before Saturday. Neither myself nor my girlfriend is ready for children yet, so an offer of my first-born as payment will have to be an IOU to be collected FAR in the future.

Please let me know!

Mark P

Hey bud, I have plenty of CCI small pistol I could loan/sell you. Sending PM with phone number.

Jon, in my experience CCI primers are nearly as hard as Wolf. Federal are the soft ones. I had one go off in my press when loading ammo.

Thanks everyone, you've been very helpful so far. I'm going to eagerly await word for PeteF as it seems he's the closest to me, and if that doesn't work I might make the trek out to Ramsey. I'm pretty sure I need Federal's as from what I understand they're generally the softest. I really appreciate the support.

Mark P

I have 4k if you need any.

I am in Fairfield during the day.

As a side note consider ONLY using federal in you gun. Softest out there will work. Stay away from any and all Russian primers.

Had same type of issues in my G17 all of it went away once I switched to Federal.

I have 4k if you need any.

I am in Fairfield during the day.

As a side note consider ONLY using federal in you gun. Softest out there will work. Stay away from any and all Russian primers.

Had same type of issues in my G17 all of it went away once I switched to Federal.

Yeah I'm planning on making the switch. If only someone coughGlennPcough hadn't ordered me 5k russian small pistol MAGNUM primers... If only, if only.

That would move you from SSP class to ESP.

I don't think that's correct, it just slows you down to thumb the hammer back.

Anyway, thanks so much to everyone who offered to help! I stopped by Ramsey Outdoor's in Succasuna and bought some Federal SPP's. I'll test them out tomorrow, hopefully they will solve my problem.

That would move you from SSP class to ESP.

No, I'm pretty sure if it's holstered hammer down you're GTG in SSP. And since the Sig has no safety you can't be cocked in the holster in ESP anyway.

I was just thinking that thumb cocking will be about the same as having to repeat a DA trigger pull a few times if these Federals don't turn out as soft as you were hoping.

EDIT: I forgot you're going from magnum to small pistol (right?), not just changing mfr...I bet you'll be fine.

I don't think that's correct, it just slows you down to thumb the hammer back.

No, I'm pretty sure if it's holstered hammer down you're GTG in SSP. And since the Sig has no safety you can't be cocked in the holster in ESP anyway.

Class rules state:

H. Begin hammer down for selective DA/SA pistols.

I'm checking on the clarification for that right now but I'm pretty sure cocking the hammer back before the first shot would bump you to ESP.

I'm not sure this is helpful to you right now, but this is not the first time I've heard of Bill Springfield butchering someone's gun. I'm sure he's a nice guy and I understand he has a following on certain internet forums but there is a reason why he charges only $60 compared to $170 for the Sig shop or $300 for a Bruce Gray job.

I have read 90% good reviews about Mr Springfield. I sent him my Ruger PC9 and an AR trigger kit and he did a good job on both. The only thing I see as potentially bad is if he is sent parts that are only surface hardened. Stoning them would result in soft metal being exposed to wear. Good fully hardened parts wouldn't have a problem.

Class rules state:

H. Begin hammer down for selective DA/SA pistols.

I'm checking on the clarification for that right now but I'm pretty sure cocking the hammer back before the first shot would bump you to ESP.

You definitely have to begin hammer down, but according to Tom Richards you can thumb the hammer back after you draw and are on target. Going to test the Fed's out today!

P, have you tried the new rounds?

Do they work?

Yep did last night. Phew. I shot 30 rounds, all DA and they were perfect. My next challenge is guessing how many grains of Bullseye will make PF. I was supposed to meet someone a few days ago to chrono some loads, but it fell through. Good lord I have problems(caused by myself).

Only have Bullseye on hand. I figure 4.4 grains will be enough. 124gr MG JHP, Federal SPP's, mostly federal brass loaded to 1.15" OAL. 4.4 inch barrel. Obviously no one can predict exact results based on numbers alone, but does that sound like enough to make PF?

Yep did last night. Phew. I shot 30 rounds, all DA and they were perfect. My next challenge is guessing how many grains of Bullseye will make PF. I was supposed to meet someone a few days ago to chrono some loads, but it fell through. Good lord I have problems(caused by myself).

Only have Bullseye on hand. I figure 4.4 grains will be enough. 124gr MG JHP, Federal SPP's, mostly federal brass loaded to 1.15" OAL. 4.4 inch barrel. Obviously no one can predict exact results based on numbers alone, but does that sound like enough to make PF?

I'd be happy to loan you some W-231, along with my proven P226 recipe.

I'd be happy to loan you some W-231, along with my proven P226 recipe.

Ahh I forgot we're 226 buddies! Yeah gonna have to crank some out before tomorrow morning, I'll take this small gamble. Wouldn't want to ask you to trade with me on your friday night, though I do appreciate it. Tx man. What's the load if I may ask?

Ahh I forgot we're 226 buddies! Yeah gonna have to crank some out before tomorrow morning, I'll take this small gamble. Wouldn't want to ask you to trade with me on your friday night, though I do appreciate it. Tx man. What's the load if I may ask?

4.5gr @ 1.150 behind a mg 124gr jhp. Made 131 power factor over a 10-shot average.