chris327

ordering bb gun online?

can one order a bb gun online in nj? Gearhog has a nice deal on them and id like to get on for my little cousin. I think its a no go in nj. for some reason i thought you need fid for a bb gun in nj but not sure on the truth to that.

http://www.gearhog.com/?did=9859&affex=TacticalRepublic&utm_source=tacticalrepublic&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=tacticalrepublic_Dynamic

From what I can tell you can get an online dealer to ship one to NJ, but it's illegal to accept it. If you have an FID you can have one no matter where you bought it. The point is the paperwork, NJ wants the paperwork to be filled out when you purchase one. The laws that apply to firearms apply to BB guns in NJ.

Anyone wanna play a game of legal definition hair splitting?

Theoretcially, couldn't one purchase a BB gun F.O.B. the seller's location outside of NJ? F.O.B. indicates a change in title from the seller to the buyer, thus, the buyer lawfully "took title" at the seller's location, outside of NJ. Then, the buyer just needs to arrange for shipping.

I wonder..... :umnik:

Anyone wanna play a game of legal definition hair splitting?

Theoretcially, couldn't one purchase a BB gun F.O.B. the seller's location outside of NJ? F.O.B. indicates a change in title from the seller to the buyer, thus, the buyer lawfully "took title" at the seller's location, outside of NJ. Then, the buyer just needs to arrange for shipping.

I wonder..... :umnik:

You cannot take initial possession of BB guns (LG) within the borders of NJ without filling out a COE, so having it shipped to you is still illegal, regardless of who is sending it, if you didn't take possession of it before it was shipped to you. This means you could personally send it to yourself from out of state or receive it back if you sent it out for repair, but you have to have initially taken possession of it legally.