Plinker

Finally got my MKiii !

Alrighty - got my Ruger MKiii Hunter with the 6 7/8" barrel! :icon_mrgreen: I'll get some pics of it up tonight. Also picked up a box of Federal Match ammo to try out. Seems like a lot of people like the Federal Bulk ammo - figured the Match should be good too. CCI is also on the list to try. Once I figure which ammo the gun likes to eat I'll buy it in bulk. Need to get some shooting goggles and ear protection too.

And last but not least - decide on a range where I can go try it out. Want to take some courses in the future as well.

When people say Federal Bulk - is that a particular Federal round in bulk purchase? The box I bought today said Federal Match on it - 325 rounds. I'm assuming Federal makes several different grades of ammo, correct? I didn't want to by a huge amount until I see what it likes to shoot.

Even though I am sure it looks exactly like mine, it doesn't matter, because...

:zzthiwwop:

!!

And that ammo above, the Federal Champion bulk stuff, I have exactly 1041 rounds of it through my Mk III hunter in the past few months without any sort of issue, and a small amount of CCI mini mags. So if you were wondering about how it works, it works fine. If you weren't, well then disregard my rant.

Even though I am sure it looks exactly like mine, it doesn't matter, because...

:zzthiwwop:

!!

Actually, you'd be surprised in the different grains and appearance of the wood used from the grips. They can vary quite a bit. My particular Mark-III has nice swirly grains in the grip, not straight as depicted in the standard picture that I posted above.

Blasphemy! Doesn't everyone have a smart phone with a camera on it these days?

*looks around, slowly backs away into the shadows with his ancient flip phone*

I left it in the truck while I ran the gun into the house.... :(

Ok - here it is. The black dots across the receiver area are where the serial number is supposed to be. I blacked them out on the picture...didn't think it was a good idea to post firearm serial numbers on the web....

mkiiihunter.jpg

I was a bit disappointed in the Ruger supplied locking scheme though...a pad lock thru the bolt? Yea, it works, but it won't fit back in it's case... :icon_rolleyes:

Ok - here it is. The black dots across the receiver area are where the serial number is supposed to be. I blacked them out on the picture...didn't think it was a good idea to post firearm serial numbers on the web....

I was a bit disappointed in the Ruger supplied locking scheme though...a pad lock thru the bolt? Yea, it works, but it won't fit back in it's case... :icon_rolleyes:

Damn. I never thought of that until now. That does suck.

mkiiihunter.jpg

Pretty... just like mine! Except for the fiber optic front sight... I chose the yellow/green f/o for now. As for the padlock, I used it on my shed. :icon_e_wink: