Maksim

Montana Gold 223 Bullets (Split a Case with me?)

midsouth shooters supply varmint nightmare bullets are good. You cna buy them buy the 500 or 2000 count. At any given moment the price is the same as montana gold give or take a few bucks. It's what I am currently loading in .223.

Here's another data point and although its a touch more money for the "case", the cost per bullet is less.

HORNADY BP 22 CAL 55GR FMJBT W/C BULLETS $429.97/6000 FREE S/H USPS

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8444&dir=278|281|1081|1141

Yup, and the midsouth varmint nightmares are hornady blems. They aronly a couple bucks cheaper than the actual hornady bullets, the main difference is that they are sold in quantities that the hronady often isn't. Hornady comes in 250 and 6000. midsouth in 500 and 2000, which I find to be much more useful quantities for my budget.

I would be in to split a case also.

Anybody else want to split a case?

I also need to order a case of 9mm 124gr bullets, so may be able to make the three case for a discount maks

i would do 1/4 if anyone else will take the other 1/4 of the 223

Hey Raz, whats the deal with the Hornady blems? is it just cosmetic or will you get an unusable one from time to time?

Having seen the hornady bulk and the midsouth, I can't really tell you what the blemish is. Having seen blems of the more expensive 100 per box stuff, it is usually some oxidation or very minor pitting vs. a little box of perfect, shiny, identical items. The bulk vs the bulk blems isn't like that. My best guess is that the number of slightly oxidized and/or pitted jackets per thousand is higher than with the first run bulk bullets, but not that different. Best groups I have gotten while working up laods in my copious free time (HA!), have been either 1MOA by 2MOA strung vertically or 2MOA by 1MOA strung horizontally. THat's shooting with a 3 moa red dot, so I suspect I'm at the threshold of my technique and my not so great eyes.