Old Glock guy

M&P 40 Pro Series vs. Glock 35

I think one of these is going to be my next acquistion. I have four P2P's sitting around, just begging to be used. I currently have five HG's: G23, gen.?; G19, gen.4; G34; M&P 9FS; Beretta 92A1. Note that all of those are 9mm, except for the G23, which was my first HG, but is really not much fun to shoot because it's pretty snappy.

A kind gentleman let me try his M&P 40 (4.25" barrel) at CR a couple of days ago, and it seemed to shoot a lot smoother than my G23. Plus, one can purchase the Pro Series in .40 S&W, whereas with the M&P 9 the Pro Series is unavailable in NJ due to the mag size.

OTOH, I love my G34. It's probably my favorite of my collection, so adding another Glock might be a realistic possibility.

(Especially considering my screen name.) ;)

Yes, I could get both, but I really don't think I need two more HG's in .40 caliber.

Just wondering who has had experience with either of these.

Quite honestly I would not get the pro. For the price difference, you can get what most would consider a far superior trigger from apex, for beween 40 and 100 bucks (different options). Realistically what are you hoping to do with the pistol? For gun games I would go apex all the way. For just plinking the stock trigger isnt bad.

OK, maybe I was too specific. How about the standard M&P 40(FS) vs. the Glock 35? Are they fun to shoot? Has anyone here tried both to be able to compare them? I don't compete and I don't carry; just looking to enjoy some range time and have it

available in the extremely unlikely need for HD.

S&W does manufacture a factory 15 round 9mm magazine for the M&P. Unfortunately you cannot buy a 9mm M&P with the NJ magazines from any dealer in NJ that I am aware of. But Grant and Roxanne at gandrtactical.com are happy to provide you any 9mm M&P with the 15 rounders so you don't have to screw around with 10 rounders. Plus they will install differnt sights or Apex trigger parts if you like as well and at a very competitive price.

S&W does manufacture a factory 15 round 9mm magazine for the M&P. Unfortunately you cannot buy a 9mm M&P with the NJ magazines from any dealer in NJ that I am aware of. But Grant and Roxanne at gandrtactical.com are happy to provide you any 9mm M&P with the 15 rounders so you don't have to screw around with 10 rounders. Plus they will install differnt sights or Apex trigger parts if you like as well and at a very competitive price.

If you want to buy stuff from a less than reputable business. Grant was involved with some attempted price fixing. I'd take my business elsewhere.

Edit to add link:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=291813&page=1

If you want to buy stuff from a less than reputable business. Grant was involved with some attempted price fixing. I'd take my business elsewhere.

Edit to add link:

Do what you want but, this post is from 5 years ago. I've bought 15rnd mags from G&R at $27/mag. I thought their service was excellent. I would buy from then again in a heartbeat.

Edit to add link:

I've never heard of that, and the image of the email allegedly from Grant is not visible when I look at that thread. I've found their service to be excellent as well as their prices. I would need to see something more compelling than what is visible in that thread for me to take it seriously.

I've never heard of that, and the image of the email allegedly from Grant is not visible when I look at that thread. I've found their service to be excellent as well as their prices. I would need to see something more compelling than what is visible in that thread for me to take it seriously.

Take your money where you wish. Just thought I'd put it out there in an effort of full disclosure.