Genewarper111

Simunitions

Did level one Simunitions today. Very intense, mentally. I'd recommend this to anyone who thinks they may ever have to use a gun in self defense. The instructor, Joe Sente, was very good. I learned from him. I'm hooked and will do it again.

G

hey i'm in the market for some good handgun training any thoughts maybe you can piont me the right way

There are many good instructors in NJ, each with their own styles and personalities. I suggest you plan to take classes with several and decide whom you best mesh with. Check out the "vendors" part of the forum and read the comments, then decide where to drop your $$$. I have my own opinions and usually state them in direct comment on a class or whatever, as I did here. God luck with your search. If there is something specific I can help you with drop me a PM.

best

G

Glad you enjoyed the class. Amazing what being shot at can do to your tactics.

Anthony

I want to do this..... but I fully admit..... I am nervous about how I would react....

Troy, not one person in the hundreds that have gone through level one have not made at least one fatal error. This is where you want to learn, in a controlled environment so that you can improve and rework your tactics until they are close to perfect that the stress and adrenaline allows. We all practice and train a lot but when you add the elements of - unknown - stress - being shot at - and having to point a firearm at another human being and have to squeeze the trigger the game suddenly changes.

Anthony

Troy, not one person in the hundreds that have gone through level one have not made at least one fatal error. This is where you want to learn, in a controlled environment so that you can improve and rework your tactics until they are close to perfect that the stress and adrenaline allows. We all practice and train a lot but when you add the elements of - unknown - stress - being shot at - and having to point a firearm at another human being and have to squeeze the trigger the game suddenly changes.

Anthony

I will put it on the "to do" list..... will keep an eye out for future courses...

I want to do this..... but I fully admit..... I am nervous about how I would react....

My feeling exactly! I know you have taken Urban Pistol 1 (as have I), and I've also taken UP2. Both were high adrenaline experiences; but I can't even imagine the intensity of having someone shooting back.

Anthony, I assume your "bad guys" vary the scenarios, so people don't catch on to a pattern?

I would say your completely normal than, I want to take this sometime mid year in 2012 and I think if I didn;t have some nervousness and apprehension I would not get what I am supposed to get out of the course, for not having those feelings I would not get the full F-on-F effect and would not learn how I really would react in a real life scenario.

My feeling exactly! I know you have taken Urban Pistol 1 (as have I), and I've also taken UP2. Both were high adrenaline experiences; but I can't even imagine the intensity of having someone shooting back.

Anthony, I assume your "bad guys" vary the scenarios, so people don't catch on to a pattern?

All of the scenarios are varied and changed. Almost all are based on actual home invasion and robbery cases that really occurred.