hd2000fxdl

OBRPC Action Steel Saturday 11/12

I would certainly be up to buying a small set of steels, making some stands (I can weld), and seeing if a few other members would want to do the same. Then we can all meet and bring our own stuff there and run our own program. I just don't know what the clubs rules are regarding doing something like that. Obviously safety is the primary concern. Is there such a thing as a "certified" Range Officer? If so, then one of the members would need to be one. I prefer static steel from a safety standpoint. While I do like to move-around and shoot, that is when things can really go wrong, IE: moving with your finger on the trigger, dropping a mag and bending over to pick it up, where is the gun pointed while doing that, etc.....

I am willing to donate my steel to the cause if this were to happen. And by donate I don't mean bring it.. I'll give it to whoever is running the show.

There is nothing wrong with shooting and moving, in fact, I personally prefer shooting and moving at paper and knockdown targets over standing and shooting at static steel. When steel does not give way, the bullet just bounces back..... bothers me... and shooting lead is not an option.

I have some target stands that I would lend for the cause.

Better yet, if there is interest in another intro class (intro to uspsa, with a small course setup), like we did at Shongum, I would be glad to talk to Mike to have one there or possibly at CJ.

Wow, surprised I placed as high as I did with all my suckage. =P

Key to the game.... if you develop a new load, try shooting it before the match.

Great, I am trying to finish up a bunch of stuff and get some test loads done today and check them out, but with the OL out of town this week and my daughter has a bunch of stuff to do, I might be cutting it close, real close. So I may be shooting a match and learning at the same time, or your going to hear one loud a** .40 shooting production ammo. That and I still have to sight in the GSG 1911, aarrrgggg, so much to do so little time, heck I'm running on 3 hours sleep a night for the last 4 days already..

Awesome! I got one too for Pistol Iron. Nice little surprise that helps cover the cost of the next match!

On another note, anyone going to the Indoor Frangible Speed on Steel match next month? It is a little slow moving, but the stages are a lot of fun and there are plenty of like minded folks to BS with while you are waiting.

Awesome! I got one too for Pistol Iron. Nice little surprise that helps cover the cost of the next match!

On another note, anyone going to the Indoor Frangible Speed on Steel match next month? It is a little slow moving, but the stages are a lot of fun and there are plenty of like minded folks to BS with while you are waiting.

Great job also. As far as the indoor frangible steel match, not sure yet, I know I will be missing the 1st Sunday's match but might be a go for the 3rd Sunday at the OD range if they have it. My time for shooting the steel in the beginning of the moth has pretty much come to an end being I will be working the 1st 15 days of the month and taking the 16th to the end of the month off starting next year, but I may take a Vacation day just to burn them here and there when I can, don't really need to take added vacation time when I am off half the month and thats before I use my 6 weeks of vacation time.. :icon_mrgreen:

I was VERY suprised to open that letter. Got $15 for Iron Pistol and $5 for the Open Shotgun. Paid for the entry fees. I didn't know we were shooting for any money, this was a bonus for sure! :icon_mrgreen:

When I race I only do it for money. Thought the gun shooting was just for fun. I'll take it ($$$) any day!