Twospot

Hello from Toms River

Hi all!

My name is Eddie. I am an extreme noob to the whole gun thing. My fiance and I both always wanted to pursue shooting so we have decided to do it together. We are hitting a range this weekend to shoot for the first time. I really don't know much. I have been reading up and watching videos on you tube to try and get a feel for what to expect. We picked up our applications from the PD for our Firearms ID. I am looking forward to learning a ton here and interacting with you. Have a great day!

Eddie

Eddie,

Welcome. Its a great hobby to have tho it can be expensive if you are very passionate about it. Just remember to be safe. Its always good to take a beginners safety course no matter how confident you are. Always remember the FOUR RULES!

Be safe, have fun!

Wayne

Welcome to the forum Eddie, you don't need to go to the PD to fill out the forums, you can do them on your computer and print them up to bring in. I don't have the URLs on the computer that I am using but if you do a search on the forum or go to the NJSP web site they have be found easily.

Remember both of you should apply for PP (permits to purchase a hand gun) and apply for more than 1 each, many of us like to apply for 6 every 6 months just so we always have one available in case we see something we want or a really nice deal shows up in market place here on the forum.

Ask question here and you will get answers, remember the only stupid question is the one not asked, and forget some people who may come off a little brash at times to some questions, some forget they were new one day.

Eddie,

Welcome. Its a great hobby to have tho it can be expensive if you are very passionate about it. Just remember to be safe. Its always good to take a beginners safety course no matter how confident you are. Always remember the FOUR RULES!

Be safe, have fun!

Wayne

I read the 4 rules before i even registered for the forum lol

Welcome to the forum Eddie, you don't need to go to the PD to fill out the forums, you can do them on your computer and print them up to bring in. I don't have the URLs on the computer that I am using but if you do a search on the forum or go to the NJSP web site they have be found easily.

Remember both of you should apply for PP (permits to purchase a hand gun) and apply for more than 1 each, many of us like to apply for 6 every 6 months just so we always have one available in case we see something we want or a really nice deal shows up in market place here on the forum.

Ask question here and you will get answers, remember the only stupid question is the one not asked, and forget some people who may come off a little brash at times to some questions, some forget they were new one day.

Thank you for the info and kind advice!

Hi all!

My name is Eddie. I am an extreme noob to the whole gun thing. My fiance and I both always wanted to pursue shooting so we have decided to do it together. We are hitting a range this weekend to shoot for the first time. I really don't know much. I have been reading up and watching videos on you tube to try and get a feel for what to expect. We picked up our applications from the PD for our Firearms ID. I am looking forward to learning a ton here and interacting with you. Have a great day!

Eddie

welcome to the forum Eddie. My wife and I both shoot as well. Make sure you consider training. Guns are fun but training is something every shooter can use over and over again.

Shore Shot rocks! They have a great selection of rentals so you can try many different guns to see what you like and the staff and range officers are very helpful. I have bought most of my new guns from them! Also, a bunch of forum members shoot there so you can always hook up and try out what they have brought.