NJCK

Anyone a member of Quinton's Sportsmens Club?

I was considering membership as I have a sponsor that's been a member for a long, long time. Reviewing the membership application, I come across the requirement for a background check... WHY? My sponsor never had this requirement!

First, anyone with a FPID has gone through a sufficient background check. OK, you may argue that someone's FPID was issued long ago. Fine, ask to see a newer Handgun Purchase Permit since the local PD or NJSP will have checked out more currently = done.

Why is that not acceptable and they expect you to turn over all of your personal information for a background check with a 3rd party provider and have you sign a waiver that holds that provider completely harmless, which is also an LLC, and the waiver does not spell out to whom or how this information will be provided and makes no guarantee of unscrupulous or illegal use of the data!

I'd gladly show any of my CCW permits, my PFID, a permit, but no way in heck am I going to provide some unknown 3rd party investigative service enough private information they can open accounts and take my identity with so I can shoot at a private club! I've never, ever seen this before at the private club I currently belong to or any of the ranges I belong to.

Fellow forum members and members at Quinton, please tell me this isn't so! No-one at Quinton has responded to my calls about this.

Come to the monthly meeting monday 21st at 7.30pm and ask the board members,it's a very friendly club.

You can join the same night if you still wish to.

Thanks! I may be being a bit harsh because that requirement, in my opinion and experience (and I've dealt with a few contracts), is a bit much, and that no-one has returned any of the 3 inquiries I made.

Thanks! I may be being a bit harsh because that requirement, in my opinion and experience (and I've dealt with a few contracts), is a bit much, and that no-one has returned any of the 3 inquiries I made.

To be honest, with those requirements and the fact no one gives a **** enough to contact you back, I'd look elsewhere and forget about them.

Off topic, but.... CCW?? NJ!?!?

Sadly no. Six non-resident permits these days - the two usuals Utah and Florida - and then New England states in which I regularly camp. I was born and raised here in NJ, but spent many years elsewhere and miss the luxory of some of those resident permits, particularly WVa, which is the last I had to surrender.