scig

SIG P210 LEGEND

Congrats on the 210.

Its a great gun and enjoyed looking at it at Shoott Show. I would love to see the new 210 vs. the old 210s that come around every so often. Enjoy the gun, at almost 80, you should do what ever you wish.

JON,

TRIED CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT. I DO ALL MY WORK WITH PHOTOS IN PICASA

SCIG

I use Picasa too. You can upload all your pictures to your Picasa account. If

you don't have one it's easy to set up, same as with the gmail/e-mail account.

Once you upload it when you click on the picture on the side there is an option

for linking your pictures. Just copy the link they give you and paste it your

reply. That way we can at least click on that link to see the pics.

You can also click on the picture icon in your response box and paste that link

in the address bar, that should make the picture show up in your response/post.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\SIG P 210 LEGEND\L1080149.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\SIG P 210 LEGEND\L1080150.JPG

THIS IS THE BEST I CAN DO, GUN IS STILL AT SHORE SHOT UNTIL I GET MY PERMIT.

SCIG

scig, you posted links to the photos on your local machine. That won't work :)

I'm also interested in the new run of P210, but want to hear a more specific assessment. How does the trigger compare to those of the higher end 1911s, such as Wilsons or Browns? How's the pistol's build quality and finish?

-

I'm also interested in the new run of P210, but want to hear a more specific assessment. How does the trigger compare to those of the higher end 1911s, such as Wilsons or Browns? How's the pistol's build quality and finish?

-

NOTT,

HARD TO SAY BUT PROBABLY THE SAME AS A SIG 226-X5.

ALL STEEL, CARBON NITRON FINISH, NIL WOOD GRIPS, 2 INCH GROUP AT 25 METERS.

I'LL BE SHOOTING AT SHORE SHOT THIS WED BUT NOT EXACTLY SURE WHAT TIME. EMAIL ME AT

[email protected] IF YOU ARE ABLE TO COME THERE WED AFTERNOON TO TRY MY GUN, EXACT TIME

I CAN TELL YOU TUE NIGHT.

SCIG

-

I have a P210-6 and the trigger is much lighter and better than the one on my 226 X-6 PPC. It's even lighter than most of my semi-custom 1911s and my buddy accidentally discharged it (pointing down range) a few times. We both don't shoot it that well because the gun does not balance that well with the light frame and slide. I think the Legend should do better since it comes with the heavy frame.

I have a P210 Legend on order and the guy I ordered from is selling them at much lower price than the ones I saw here. It's taking him forever though but I sure hope the wait is worth it!

Here's his prices if anyone is interested:

210-9-LEGEND-TGT (Adj sight model) @ 1984.00 delivered

210-9-LEGEND (fixed sight model) @ 1835.00 delivered

I have a P210-6 and the trigger is much lighter and better than the one on my 226 X-6 PPC. It's even lighter than most of my semi-custom 1911s and my buddy accidentally discharged it (pointing down range) a few times. We both don't shoot it that well because the gun does not balance that well with the light frame and slide. I think the Legend should do better since it comes with the heavy frame.

I have a P210 Legend on order and the guy I ordered from is selling them at much lower price than the ones I saw here. It's taking him forever though but I sure hope the wait is worth it!

Here's his prices if anyone is interested:

210-9-LEGEND-TGT (Adj sight model) @ 1984.00 delivered

210-9-LEGEND (fixed sight model) @ 1835.00 delivered

Here's his contact info:

Michael Clubb

Able Company Sports LLC

[email protected]

I got my X6 PPC through him and he's a good guy. These were pre-order prices so I'm not sure if they are still the same. I am still waiting on mine though, I think he's not high on the Sig rep's list.

Nott,

The X6 PPC balances better than the P210-6 but the trigger is not as light as the P210. The trigger is adjustable but I have not played with the adjustment at all. The grip on the X6 is a bit large/long but it really balances out the longer slide. Overall it feels just like an X5 L1 with longer sight radius.

In retrospect I probably would just get the X6 since the PPC rear sight is too big for my taste unless you really need to have 3 preset settings.

Once I get the P210 Legend I'll post my thoughts on how it compares to the old P210-6 without the firing pin block.

HTH

- Daniel

• Like 1

Hey Scig,

Thanks for the range report. I have had a few of the traditional p210's years ago and loved each one except for the dreaded hammer bite whenever I would shoot one. I see the Legend has a beavertail to prevent this from occuring. Thats great!

I could have bought one a few weeks ago but held off b/c I didnt want to buy a potential p210 "knockoff" of the older p210. Sounds like Sig got it right this time around and the quality of craftmanship is once again there.

Let me know how the longer range testing goes.

Happy shooting!

BULLZEYE,

SMOOTH AS SILK. ALL STEEL FRAME 37.4 OZ. NOT LITE BUT VERY WELL BALANCED. THE TRIGGER HAS

A LITTLE SLACK IN IT BUT IS CRISP ONCE THE SLACK IS TAKEN UP.SIG STATES THAT THE TRIGGER

SQUEEZE IS 4 LBS. BUT IT FEELS LIGHTER. I DON'T HAVE A TRIGGER SCALE BUT WHEN I COMPARE IT

TO THE SQUEEZE ON MY H&K P7 ( WHICH HAS A 3 LB. TRIGGER )IT FEELS THE SAME. I DIDN'T GIVE IT

A FULL TEST BECAUSE I WAS WORKING THE RANGE AND COULD NOT GET TIED UP SHOOTING, BUT AT

SEVEN YDS. IT WAS DEAD ON. WED IS MY DAY OFF SO I WILL SHOOT IT AT 10,15,AND 25 YDS.

TO SEE HOW I PERFORM WITH IT. I AM SURE IT CAN SHOOT BETTER THAN I CAN. THANKS FOR YOU

INTEREST AND CREATE YOURSELF GREAT SHOOTING DAYS!!!

SCIG,

RANGEMASTER AT SHORE SHOT

Hey Scig,

Thanks for the range report. I have had a few of the traditional p210's years ago and loved each one except for the dreaded hammer bite whenever I would shoot one. I see the Legend has a beavertail to prevent this from occuring. Thats great!

I could have bought one a few weeks ago but held off b/c I didnt want to buy a potential p210 "knockoff" of the older p210. Sounds like Sig got it right this time around and the quality of craftmanship is once again there.

Let me know how the longer range testing goes.

Happy shooting!

BULLZEYE,

I WENT TO THE RANGE TODAY AND SHOT MY P210. NATURALLY AT 7 AND TEN YDS SHOOTING TWO

HANDED AN STANDING I HAD NO PROBLEM KEEPING ALL BULLETS IN THE RED. WHEN I WENT TO THE

15 YRD LINE I SHOT STANDING AND SITTING DOWN BRACED. WHILE SITTING MY BULLETS GROUPED

AT 1 1/4". THEN I WENT TO THE 25YD LINE SITTING AND BRACED AND MY BEST GROUP WAS 2"

WITH 1 FLYER. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM WAS GETTING USE TO THE EXTREMELY LIGHT TRIGGER. MY EYES

ARE NOT THAT GREAT SO I AM SURE THAT A BETTER SHOOTER COULD DO BETTER. ALL IN ALL I WAS

HAPPY WITH THE GUNS PERFORMANCE AND AS YOU KNOW ALL GUNS CAN SHOOT BETTER THAN WE CAN,

HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL, HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND CONTINUE TO HAVE GREAT SHOOTING DAYS.

SCIG

Scig's new Sig

L1080150.JPG

Clean looking gun, but there is something that's just not jumping out at me saying buy me buy me and it's not just the solid trigger. Maybe if I see it in person it might be different, but would still shoot it just to check it out.

Clean looking gun, but there is something that's just not jumping out at me saying buy me buy me and it's not just the solid trigger. Maybe if I see it in person it might be different, but would still shoot it just to check it out.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY HARRY, IT'S NOT THE BEST LOOKER BUT WHEN I PUT IT IN MY HAND THE

WEIGHT AND BALANCE BLOWS MY MIND.

SCIG

Well if it was that way for me, I'd have it, I'll take function over looks but it's the looks that sometimes keep you from looking in the first place.

Now the next big question, how's she shoot??

Phil,

Thanks a lot for letting me put some rounds through your P210. The gun is a beauty and shoots like a laser beam. The P210 has been one of the very few guns that I have been wanting to shoot and I am glad I got the chance. Now I just need to come up with the $. :icon_mrgreen:

Well if it was that way for me, I'd have it, I'll take function over looks but it's the looks that sometimes keep you from looking in the first place.

Now the next big question, how's she shoot??