Sign in to follow this  
JaredC

clinton

well got to shoot the 12 gauge today at the clinton range........ well 14 shots through it it jammed.... so i need to bring it back to meltzers tomorrow to get fixed / warranteed..... was a great day being i love the gun other then the jam and only getting 14 shots through it.... shot my buddys 22 rifle a bunch.. shot my other buddys blackpowder muzzleloader a bunch... shot a mossberg 3 1/2 inch slug shotgun .... fun day....

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26561-attn-870-owners-12ga-chamber-honing-service/

Note: I am affiliated with JET Agent.

Basically, theres very fine blemishes inside the chamber from when the barrel was finished and occasionally a shell will expand just right into the imperfection(s) and get stuck. Honing it will remove said imperfections.

This is very common on the new 870 express models, although not impossible to happen on anything else.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26561-attn-870-owners-12ga-chamber-honing-service/

Note: I am affiliated with JET Agent.

Basically, theres very fine blemishes inside the chamber from when the barrel was finished and occasionally a shell will expand just right into the imperfection(s) and get stuck. Honing it will remove said imperfections.

This is very common on the new 870 express models, although not impossible to happen on anything else.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the tip. I don't have an 870, but my buddy does, and he seems to have this problem at least once per every box of shells. Do you see it happen in Wingmasters, because that's what he has, not an Express.