djg0770

six day firearm question

From "THE BIBLE" for six day firearm in zone 2, regulation set #4

Dec. 5–10, 2011

Season bag limit is two antlered deer. However, if a hunter harvests two

antlered deer, he/she forfeits the opportunity to harvest an antlered deer during

the Permit Shotgun Season. Only one buck may be taken at a time.

The above only mentions antlered deer. Am I permitted to take any antlerless deer during six day??

From "THE BIBLE" for six day firearm in zone 2, regulation set #4

The above only mentions antlered deer. Am I permitted to take any antlerless deer during six day??

you will be able to take a doe if you purchase an extra permit that is $28.00 for the zone you will be hunting.

you will be able to take a doe if you purchase an extra permit that is $28.00 for the zone you will be hunting.

Everyone keeps saying this but the reg sets indicate that permit muzzle loader, permit shotgun and permit bow are CLOSED during 6 day. Splain please?

It has really become convoluted over the years. Traditionally, 6-day meant firearm/bucks only (and I still believe it does,) with the firearm doe day the following Wednesday. Times and herd population have changed in conjunction with hunter numbers down. I am unaware of any exceptions during 6-day. (Maybe I need to read all the regs. again?)

Now, with ML, bow, and all the various permits available, different zones and regs., one needs to be a Rhodes scholar to memorize everything before heading afield. And they change slightly from year to year based on carrying capacity and herd health.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2011/dighnt44-55.pdf

The regulations for set 8 say that permit shotgun is "antlerless only" from Dec 5-10, while 6-day firearm says bucks only. How does this mean anything other than you can shoot whatever you see during 6-day if you have a permit for the zone you're hunting?

The regulations for set 8 say that permit shotgun is "antlerless only" from Dec 5-10, while 6-day firearm says bucks only. How does this mean anything other than you can shoot whatever you see during 6-day if you have a permit for the zone you're hunting?

Well, I'm not a Rhodes scholar obviously. I didn't scroll down that far and read all the regs. for all zones. I'm guilty of never purchasing a permit, so I'm not all that aware of what you can do in all the special seasons. I did not know that there are so many permit seasons concurrent with 6-day. What a money-maker for the state! It never dawned on me that someone would bother or could get an antlerless permit during 6-day.

Well, I'm not a Rhodes scholar obviously. I didn't scroll down that far and read all the regs. for all zones. I'm guilty of never purchasing a permit, so I'm not all that aware of what you can do in all the special seasons. I did not know that there are so many permit seasons concurrent with 6-day. What a money-maker for the state! It never dawned on me that someone would bother or could get an antlerless permit during 6-day.

I always get a permit to extend my number of days in the woods. It's worth the $28 price tag IMO, and is good for this Wednesday until February.

The state makes a LOT of money off my a**....

$27.50 general hunting

$28 x2 deer shotgun permit(2 zones)

$28 deer muzzleloader permit

$28 buck tag(shotgun)

$28 buck tag(muzzleloader)

$10.50 rifle permit

$40 pheasant stamp

$22.50 fishing

$10.50 trout stamp

$250... I'm gunna be sick...

I always get a permit to extend my number of days in the woods. It's worth the $28 price tag IMO, and is good for this Wednesday until February.

$27.50 general hunting

$28 buck tag(shotgun)

$10.50 rifle permit

$40 pheasant stamp

$22.50 fishing

$10.50 trout stamp

I think I got ya beat, or damn close at least. It is sickening, but damn being in the woods is fun. :roulette:

Jon,

can;t you get a all around permit?

All around license only covers Resident firearm hunting, Resident Bow & Arrow, and Resident fishing. Everything else is still extra. I will get the all-around next year as I intend to start bowhunting. This year it would cost me more.

Yeah - ONLY regulation sets 6 and 8. The others don't allow permit shotgun during six day and some of the regulation sets the permit shotgun season only gives you one day? WTF? Who would pay $28 for a permit to hunt for one freakin day??

Yeah - ONLY regulation sets 6 and 8. The others don't allow permit shotgun during six day and some of the regulation sets the permit shotgun season only gives you one day? WTF? Who would pay $28 for a permit to hunt for one freakin day??

Wow. Crazy.

$27.50 general hunting

$28 buck tag(shotgun)

$10.50 rifle permit

$40 pheasant stamp

$22.50 fishing

$10.50 trout stamp

Those fees are ridiculous. Sad.

I will sheepishly admit that I still haven't bought my N.J. license yet. Guess I'm debating it this year. I enjoy spending my hunting time in N.Y. and enjoy bird hunting more and want to do as much as I can while my dog is still able. I owe him that. Itching to bird hunt now but N.Y's rifle deer season is still open and I'm not crazy about running around in the woods with a belton white & black dog.

For the 6 day firearm season

Zone 2 (where I used to hunt deer) = no shooting does

Zone 5 (where I now hunt deer) = if it's brown it's going down (or black for that matter too)

As far as a one day doe day, zone 3 where I hunted 20 years ago has that (and had it then), I wouldn't buy that permit when it was $20, now it's $28 + another $28 if you want the buck stub - NO EFFING WAY.