zoid

How Much Of Everything Do You Keep Stocked Up?

How much of each reloading supply do you guys keep stocked up?

Powder - lbs

Primers - qty

Brass - qty

Bullets - qty

Loaded Ammo - rounds

(All Calibers)

For me:

Powder - 5lbs

Primers - 3000

Brass - 1500-2500

Bullets - 2000

Loaded - 500-1000

My numbers are probably pretty low compared to you guys. I would

stock up more, but this is about the average for me in the past year.

I am only loading .40 and only working on my minor loads right now, Major loads are next but I have the following on hand at the moment.

Powder - 8lbs

Primers - 10K

Brass - 5000+

Bullets - 2000 just to start

Loaded - 100 test rounds that I crono'd last week and started loading my initial 2500 rounds as of yesterday. I;m only doing about 100 rounds an hour being I am new and I am checking everything as I go, I will get quicker but I don;t have a match to shoot tomorrow morning so I can take my time until I get more familiar.

After this initial run of minor I'll do another 2500 Major loads and probably up both of them to 5K and them move to 9mm and plan on 5K initially being I think that should cover me from having to switch the press around all the time.

Powder - at least one years worth

Primers - at least one years worth

Brass - at least one years worth

Bullets - at least one years worth

Loaded Ammo - whatever I have the time and inclination to make.

Powder - About 20 lbs of various

Primers - At least 20k of various

Brass - God knows how much I have now... at least 20k of various, 10k of 40 Cal

Bullets - A case or two of 9mm, and down to about 1k or so of 40 Cal

Loaded Ammo - I shoot it as I load it. :lol: But I do have about 1k rounds loaded for 40 Cal, about 100 rounds of other stuff. I buy 223 (not worth it to me to reload), and 22 Lr (alot)

Don't reload yet... but usually at least a 1,000 rounds of all main ammo types...

Though lately, my stocks of .22lr, .45ACP, and 5.56mm have been diminished.

I think I have 50 rounds .357mag and 100 rounds or .38spc... but then again, I rarely shoot my revolvers, so why bother stocking ammo for them?

there is a law of how much primers and powders allowed to be in one persons home at one time.

i just keep 5 lbs of powder

10k primers

5k brass

2k + bullets

1k of loaded ammo

i only load 9mm

Really, what is the law ...?

Here are the federal regulations.

http://www.saami.org/specifications_and_information/publications/download/SAAMI_ITEM_200-Smokeless_Powder.pdf

10-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg) may be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), may be stored in residences if kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls or at least 1-inc. (25.4-mm) nominal thickness.

NJ:

New Jersey Statutes - Title 21 Explosives and Fireworks - 21:1A-133 Permits for manufacture, sale, storage, transportation or use of explosives

A. No permit shall be required for the storage, transportation or use of smokeless powder which is used by private persons for the hand loading of small arms ammunition and which is not for resale. For this purpose not more than 36 lbs. of smokeless powder and not more than 5 pounds of black powder shall be stored or transported without a permit.

• Like 1

keep your eyes open for brass, I range brass whore but I buy if the price is nice. I found some WWII .45 brass at a gunshow during the summer. I got all the guy had. 500 for $8.00. Damn good deal if you ask me. Also I keep a stash of 30-06 brass. I average about $40-60 per 500. Since I convert 30-06 to several calibers I keep a stash of that on hand.

I have daydreams about getting my components & reloads stocked really deep, but the upfront cost of bulk buying is always hard to swallow on top of the hazmat fees and I have a tendacy to only really 'want' to reload based on what I'm already planning on shooting at my next range trip, resulting in just having "some" of everything at any given time.

Right now:

Powder - Around 70% of a 1lb jar of H4895, Around 80% of a 1lb jar of IMR 4064, Around 90% of an 8lb jug of HP38

Primers - Maybe 1200 small rifle, 700 small pistol & 950 large pistol

Brass - 300-500 .223/5.56, 150 .38/.357, 75 9mm

Bullets - Around 150 .224, Around 125 .38, 50 9mm

Loaded rounds - 35 x .223, Nothing for .38/.357 & 9mm ATM