notmetoo

Threading A Wingmaster Barrel

Is it a plain barrel or vent rib? Getting a replacement barrel may be a more economical option. Last I heard IIRC is prices start at about $120 to thread an exsisting barrel but weither it can be done or not is dependant on the wall thickness of the barrel.

WOW! I stand corrected! If the guy listed above does a barrel for $55 that's a deal. Just remember you have to ship both ways. I generally ship in a piece of pvc pipe, very secure.

Mike comes highly recommended. If you're a forum member on ShotgunWorld he may cut you a break.

Yes, a replacement barrel and standard RemChoke's may make more sense in this case. Depending on "quarry," often times a fixed choke is acceptable depending on choke size.

More details would have been a smart thing on my part. :pardon:

12 ga, wide open choke and vent rib.

Thank you for all the help!

Hmm, "wide open" to me infers a Cylinder bore. What is the barrel marked/stamped? (Remington wouldn't mark them "wide open".) Fixed choke Remington barrels were commonly choked CYL., SKEET, IMP. CYL., MOD. or FULL.

It's actually my son's gun. He wants to use it for clays (for fun, not comp.) and hunting. Sounds like he may not need to do anything with it.

My dedicated clay/bird hunting gun has a fixed modified choke. Does the trick for me :)

Modified choke (1/2 choke) is considered a good all-around choke. If you mic the ID you'll determine it's true size compared to bore diameter (usually .729".) Patterning it is the real test of determining if the barrel's choke designation throws the pattern it's designated to. MODIFIED should fit the bill for both hunting and clays.