gpapa85

Hi All

Welcome George. Give yourself some time and read as much as you can on NJGF, chock full of info,decades of experience ,expertise,opinions,firearm minutia,humor and personalities. You'll like it here.

Hi, Welcome.

Do you have a Pistol permit and/or Firearms purchaser ID yet?

Not yet, hopefully if I get some time I am going to try and get down to the Local PD and get the paperwork.

Whats the difference between the two? or are they the same thing?

Welcome George. Give yourself some time and read as much as you can on NJGF, chock full of info,decades of experience ,expertise,opinions,firearm minutia,humor and personalities. You'll like it here.

Awesome, from browsing around a little bit I see that I am going to like it.

Not yet, hopefully if I get some time I am going to try and get down to the Local PD and get the paperwork.

Whats the difference between the two? or are they the same thing?

Welcome!

You need an FID card to buy long guns and pistol ammo, once you have it, it doesn't expire and you can buy as many long guns with it as you like. A pistol Permit is required to buy handguns, each permit is for one time use and is valid for one handgun per permit. Be sure to get some handgun permits when you apply for your FID card since it will only cost you $2 extra per permit, and the same application process (excluding the finger printing) must be done all over again if you want to get permits at a later date. Pistol permits must be used within 90 days of when they were issued and can normally be extended for another 90 days if necessary.