Shawnmoore81

My home town is going to hell

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_31085/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ZxPwkN8Q

Sad part is one of em is related to the chief of police, one I got out of trouble in wildwood for an open container in the street years ago because im friends with his brother and the other I'm friends with his sister.

People are stealing crap all over town and scrapping it or selling it. One of the kids in that story is a buddy of mines little brother. A couple weeks ago he stole is brand new caddy and wrecked it all doped up.

Turning this

d3c92dba.jpg

Into this

4d7ebfe9.jpg

He then turned his brother in for it because nothing else helped him so maybe jail would. He gets out after a few days and gets arrested for these robberies. I personally think they released em just to catch him in the act.

Its the sign of the times. People have no money, can't get a job, and then you have the addicts that need their fix and will do anything. Its not going to get any better until this economy gets better.

Let me be the 1st to throw the bs flag.

bs-1.jpg

There's unskilled laborer work out there. Problem is that no one wants to do it. Folks seem to think that flipping burgers or cleaning restrooms is beneath them.

• Like 4

There's unskilled laborer work out there. Problem is that no one wants to do it. Folks seem to think that flipping burgers or cleaning restrooms is beneath them.

It funny yet sad that what our grandfathers called "Opportunities" many of today's young people seem to think is beneath them.

• Like 1

Gibbstown used to be a nice, hardworking town with all the farms outside. Must not be now.. and I am sorry to hear that. I had an old man crush on a young lady that worked at the Wawa there, the only Emo chick I ever thought was cute. I would stop in there for coffee whenever I was in the area.

Shame what must be going on there... but every town goes through it.

Listen, I'm all in favor of holding out to a point to get the best/highest paying job you can. That being said, at the end of the day, you probably have responsibilities and a family to support. Rather than stealing or putting a bullet in the head of an 85 year old Asian store clerk to get a pack of smokes and a frigging' Coke, get a damn job doing anything. Flip those burgers until you get back on your feet. Pump that gas or whatever.....................................

Unemployment is no excuse for crime, simply because there are options and alternatives to ripping off innocent people.

Gibbstown used to be a nice, hardworking town with all the farms outside. Must not be now.. and I am sorry to hear that. I had an old man crush on a young lady that worked at the Wawa there, the only Emo chick I ever thought was cute. I would stop in there for coffee whenever I was in the area.

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I had to Google that.

Unfortunately people would rather sit on unemployment instead of getting a job, especially when they make more on unemployment. I have two family members who have been out of work for over a year, and the only job-hunting they do is wait for calls from a recruiter they have their resumes with.

I know that EMO chick, she is no longer with WaWa.

A lot of towns have theft, drugs, and violence. Most don't report it. The only benefit of living in Gibbstown (Greenwich Twp) would be it has the lowest tax rate in the county thanks to the refineries.

Gibbstown also had an issue a couple years ago of the local LEOs on duty sleeping during the end of their shift and did not respond to an Armed Robbery with shots fired at the Dunkin' Donuts on Broad and Billingsport. **** is bad all over.

Gibbstown isn't nearly as bad as it's next door neighbor... Paulsboro.

The problem is that it doesn't matter where you live anymore. Even bad neighboring towns are having there crime spill over to the next town that used to be a safe area. It's time for people to start to get back involved again and put an end to this riff-raff.

Believe me the cops sleeping thing is still an issue. 3 stores were robbed in the gibbstown shopping center while an on duty cop slept in the parking lot. Gtown and pboro each have their own problems. Pboro is the ghetto while Gtown in turning towards junkies stealing