Sign in to follow this  
raz-0

CJUSPSA 1-8-12

I'm in (if I can walk after shooting Shongum on Saturday) and I'm bringing two new (to USPSA) shooters. What time is the new shooter indoctrination?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

It was my first competitive/game type event I've ever done, heck the first time I wasn't standing still shooting the same target over and over. Had a great time, and just ordered the rest my kit to make it complete.

Was nice meeting folks from the forum, and hope to see everyone at the next event.

It was my first competitive/game type event I've ever done, heck the first time I wasn't standing still shooting the same target over and over. Had a great time, and just ordered the rest my kit to make it complete. Was nice meeting folks from the forum, and hope to see everyone at the next event.

How did you like the Smith Pro series? change your mind?

Maks, I didn't publicize your lending of your equipment just in case you didn't want it to be. :p

Well , now that you do, I have to say I was extremely impressed. All I can say is ME WANT! If they were in the 1K range I would do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately at 1.4K+ $$ starts making it a bit uncomfortable. I'll keep the Sig on order (5 bills less expensive) as it will take at least 30 days for my PP to get in, then I have another few months to wait around for Sig's lies before getting fed up and getting the Smith Pro anyway. ;)

Btw, thank you guys for making it out, about to go do the scores.

Thank you Andy, Bob, andy's Son, for making it out and helping paste, set steel, and tear down the match. Could not of done it without you guys.

Frank, was a pleasure to run the squad with you and thanks for the videos! Thank you bud.

Dan, the street price of the pro series is mid 1100 to 1250.

Glad you liked it, it is a great gun, and no better way to try before you buy than in a gun game. hehe. a few above shooting 10 rounds in a port.

Adjustable sight model is a tad over $1400 from both interweb and esteemed forum dealer information, Sig comes with adjustables in at 9 bills and change. Then again, who's to say if the Sig can hold a candle to the S&W, but $400 and change difference is still a bite. If the Sig turns out to be vaporware/BS from Sig, I'll happily go with the fixed sight S&W for the $1150-ish mark. I could always upgrade the sights later on if I wanted to.

Maks, always a pleasure to come out to help and shoot. Thanks for letting me shoot the SVI and the Tanfo. Just shooting them that little bit I think the Tanfo did feel a lot better. Here's a couple of videos so far. My battery went dead by the last stage, so i'll be buying a spare before the next match. Tried putting the camera on a tripod for a different POV.

Maks

Pizza Bob

Frank, I'll get you for that. At least thanks for showing the only stage where the gun ran for the whole stage with no malfunctions (that's what the "Holy $hit" comment was about).

Per Mak's suggestion will be trying some 147 gr ammo. I do believe that it may be a result of a new/too stiff recoil spring. Once (if) the gun gets sorted out, it will be awesome.

Back to the revolver for the coming weekend.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob - felt guilty Nick was using your Sig while you were busy "breaking in" that Steyr. We owe you one!

You two have already repaid me by joining USPSA and having the apparent fun that you had. Glad I could contribute to that. I expect that both your scores will be very high. You two are the only new USPSA shooters I have ever known that actually listened to the stock advice given all newbies: "Don't worry about speed, it will come, just concentrate on getting your hits." As a result you each had at least one perfect stage (all "alphas"),and lots of alphas, with few slip-ups, on all the stages. Congratulations to both of you on a super performance.

Adios,

Pizza Bob