Shawnmoore81

National guard taking Camden

I spoke to a friend in the NG today. He's a little unsure of how many will be going in. But he's telling me we are looking at 3 man teams that will initially work with local PD, and then break off on their own after they're familiar with the area. They will most likely be armed with M9's, with one man in each three man team armed with an M4 w/ M203 with tear gas. Him and I both feel like if ANYTHING happens, there will be riots. We're hoping that the NG shows up, and the gangbangers decide not to call their bluff.

I hope you're not divulging information that you're not supposed to be. I can't imagine the folks in charge would want this info out there in the public to the level you're describing.

I hope you're not divulging information that you're not supposed to be. I can't imagine the folks in charge would want this info out there in the public to the level you're describing.

My friend isn't actually a part of this platoon or half platoon that will be in Camden, he's just in the NG. Also, I have to assume that if it shouldn't be public, he wouldn't have told me.

If there were riots, it would be the NG's fault.

Before I say that this is one of the more ignorant things I've seen on this forum (oh wait...), I'll ask: Why? Rules of engagement will probably be something along the lines of... "Do not fire unless fired upon, AND without permission". So please, explain how a riot caused by a National Guardsman defending his own life after given permission, will be the fault of the National Guard.

Just ran across this article in regards to this:

http://www.myfoxphil...for-help-120611

That's somewhat out-dated info. They been talking about the NG and the city of Camden for years. The last time the State Police were involved, they were not allowed to do what needed to be done (IE: clean-up the town of crime properly). Their hands were tied, as I'd expect anyone's to be who are tasked with coming in.