axeman_g

2 Questions about slingshots.

I think this falls under unless your doing something stupid nobody will care. I shoot sling shots with my son at a range and at my inlaws. I haven't had the state police reppel from a helicopter to catch me in the act yet. But if you wanna make a point on how stupi the law is go to your mayor and ask for a permit. I may actually do it myself.

All knives are not included in the "explainable lawful purpose" statute. The slingshots, mistakenly named, were grouped together with , which would cause anyone in possession to be arrested.

You need to quote the whole sentence.

2C:39-3 Prohibited Weapons

e.tab.gifCertain weapons. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any gravity knife, switchblade knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto, billy, blackjack, metal knuckle, sandclub, slingshot, cestus or similar leather band studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood, ballistic knife, without any explainable lawful purpose, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

Would imply that these knives and other weapons are not banned, but only banned if the person cannot give an explainable reason to have them.

ok... my boys and I like to shoot slingshots for fun, archery practice and practical small game hunting practice. I have two, a marksman USA and a Daisy B52. I need to pick up another for my little one as he has graduated to needing his own sling by now.

My questions are... a member of my club spotted us shooting and informed me that the Daisy was illegal in NJ as it was a wristrocket type? WTF is a wristrocket type? Do we have an AWB on slingshots in this POS state now?

Second, does anyone know where I can get some 1/2 or .45 inch approx steel ball bearings in bulk? I had about 1K when I moved from Ga, but we seem to have shot them all away. I can order from Ebay, but most of the places are in China... not going there.

ill try to help your other question we use mcmaster carr at work for steel balls 100 for 14.43 (for .500") i dont know if thats a good price or not but most of the time there stuff is made in USA you can call and ask though ..... http://www.mcmaster....l-balls/=fud560

Wtf is a slungshot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slungshot

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Not to be confused with slingshot.

100px-Flails_on_straps_10.jpg

magnify-clip.pngAnalog of slungshot.

A slungshot is a maritime tool consisting of a weight, or "shot," affixed to the end of a long cord often by being wound into the center of a knot called a "Monkey's fist." It is used to cast line from one location to another, often mooring line. The cord end is tied to the heavier line and the weighted end of the slungshot is thrown across the intervening space where a person picks it up and pulls the line across."

"