jcerillo70

Finally joining CJRPC the 25th !!!

I been contemplating this for a while but my Shore shot membership is now expired so its time to make the jump. I am very excited!

I just have 2 question's that i couldn't find a direct answer to in the rule book.

> Regarding...

1.Setting up targets on the long range rifle range and outdoor pistol.

How does this work? If there was more than one person there or even if you were there by yourself. What is the process for doing this and setting up/resetting targets?

------

2. "The spouse and minor dependents, including grand children (maximum age 21) of members may be accorded guest privileges without range fees."

How about Father, Uncle , grandfather ? They dont specifically say anything about "older" family members.

And are they limited to the 3 trips per year, or can they come anytime?

----

So ill have to invest in some steel plates and holders for the pits, and ALOT of ammo. Thanks Everyone!

You will enjoy it. CJ is a great place to shoot. The only time to avoid is Sunday mornings since all activities (steel shoots, rifle matches, etc) seem to happen then. It is the only time the range ever gets crowded.

1) First person on the line is the RO. There is switch that turns on a flashing siren that goes on when the line is called cold. The same switch turns off the siren and makes the line hot. Of course the RO goes up and down the line to confirm by voice as well.

2) Don't know about parents, grandparents, etc.

I'm joining as well. I always had a great time shooting the hi power matches as a guest. John Donald and his crew are great people. The 200 yds stands are permanent, I'm guessing you just bring the paper.( targets ).

The rules are online somewhere regarding guests.

I only pray that my wife can come 2x per year. She takes over everything. We go shopping, I become bag boy. We go to the gym I becomecabana boy. We go on vacation I become baggage boy. If she comes to the range I may have to address her as Bwana.

GUEST(S)

• The spouse and minor dependents, including grand children (maximum age 21) of members may be accorded guest privileges without range fees.
  • Any other persons may be accorded guest of member privileges three times in any one calendaryear.
  • All guest(s) will only use the range facilities when under the direct supervision of a member. That member is responsible for the guest(s) actions.
    1. All members must sign guest(s) into the guest book located in the clubhouse, upon bringing them onto Club property

• Members will have priority over guest(s) in the use of the range facilities.
  • Members are limited to having two (2) guests on the Club premises per day, excluding members spouse and children.
  • A member shall not charge any fee to a guest.

>It seems the way i read it , anyone (Family or not) over 21 gets 3 trips per year.

>It seems the way i read it , anyone (Family or not) over 21 gets 3 trips per year.

That is correct. It is meant for the spouse and child, not the other way around the way I read it.

As lunker said, the first person on the range becomes the RO. When your ready to go down range, get the RO to call a cease fire. When that happens, everybody goes down range. You can make woodne targets that they have directions for to use at 50 & 100 yards. At 200 yards they have targets that you stand up and staple targets to. They are pretty big. I use steel though and I prefer the steel.

I'm joining as well. I always had a great time shooting the hi power matches as a guest. John Donald and his crew are great people. The 200 yds stands are permanent, I'm guessing you just bring the paper.( targets ).

The rules are online somewhere regarding guests.

I only pray that my wife can come 2x per year. She takes over everything. We go shopping, I become bag boy. We go to the gym I becomecabana boy. We go on vacation I become baggage boy. If she comes to the range I may have to address her as Bwana.

John is a great guy. I like him a lot.

Have a shotgun? They have a great Skeet and Trap range there. Wish I lived closer!

I have an over and under just for trap and birds ;) ! i used to shoot ATA at Soloman's. He's friends with my uncle Jim Steinheart. They both used to compete together.

I saw their setup, its absolutely beautiful!

That's the thing. Once I join there I'm sure to buy new toys to play with.

Exactly why im looking at steel plates and sketching out my stand lol, im just debating whether to use the "Chain" or the angled 4x4 bracket method. Which ever deflect bullets away the best. I dont want to be near any ricochets.

You wont get past the gate, and the gate is not in view from the ranges, really. So nobody can really open up the gate to let you in. They do have tuesday and thursday morning trap, but thats for members only. You might give Bob Roddy a call 908-907-2321 or email [email protected] he is the VP and in charge of new memberships. Unless you get someone that can be there to guest you in, its kinda hard to get in. There is a new member meeting next Wednesday. You can tour the facility then, and ask questions to Bob or the other guys running the meeting. If i lived closer and could make it during the week I would give you a tour. Maybe someone on here can meetup... If there going...

You wont get past the gate, and the gate is not in view from the ranges, really. So nobody can really open up the gate to let you in. They do have tuesday and thursday morning trap, but thats for members only. You might give Bob Roddy a call 908-907-2321 or email [email protected] he is the VP and in charge of new memberships. Unless you get someone that can be there to guest you in, its kinda hard to get in. There is a new member meeting next Wednesday. You can tour the facility then, and ask questions to Bob or the other guys running the meeting. If i lived closer and could make it during the week I would give you a tour. Maybe someone on here can meetup... If there going...

Thanks for the followup Vzguy. I'll give Bob a call. It's easier for me to get there during a week day, so maybe he can help.

Thanks for the followup Vzguy. I'll give Bob a call. It's easier for me to get there during a week day, so maybe he can help.

I live close by and if you wanna check it out during the week, pm me and I will take you over.

It would come out to $556.10. Which covers the dues, tax and $400 membership fee.

ORIENTATION.

MONTH OF NEW MEMBER MEETING JAN FEB MAR APRIL MAY JUNE

PRO-RATED DUES 7% TAX INCLUDED $245.30 $223.00 $200.70 $170 $156.10 $133.80

MONTH OF NEW MEMBER MEETING JULY AUG SEPT OCt NOV DEC

PRO-RATED DUES 7% TAX INCLUDED $111.50 $89.20 $66.90 $44.60 $22.30 NOT HELD

Not bad, ba wants 250 a year now so I'm not rejoining. I'll have to put in some ot so I can join up ASAP

If you need a reference, pm Chris.

You also need to be a NRA member. I can help that out for any non NRA members.